Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I've got an HJC AC-10 helmet, and I like it very much. The visor is easy to get on and off, and the helmet is decently ventilated.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Have had 2 HJC for the past couple years and like them alot. Good helmet for the price. Got both on sale. Does have a bit of wind noise but overall not a bad bang for the buck. They are Snell and DOT apporoved. That's important.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
try it on to see how comfortable they are. buy something that feels good, highest priced doesnt always mean better. i have a kbc and shoei, and the kbc fits me better.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Like arturo said. Just try it on and keep it on for a few mins...
I have an HJC CL-14 I believe. My visor broke off a couple of days ago as well as the clip, it doesn't go back into it's original place so I had to quick tie it to it's proper place and now i can't close my visor all the way...thinking of grabbing the Shoei Red Hayden Wire helmet...

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I got one HJC helmet and the rest of my helmets are Shoei. My HJC is a MC-1 Mark Miller replica. I do not like the chins straps or fasteners or the ring used to prevent the strap from flapping on the one I got. So based upon that it is uncomfortable around the neck.

Other then that the visor is nice and the helmet does fit good and the fit on my skull is comfortable. It did come with a nice bag, and tool/keychain (shaped like a helmet, LOL) used to remove the visor and a small visor cleaning cloth. So that was a nice touch. Didn't get an accessory kit with a Shoei unless the helmet was over 500 bucks.

I still give Shoei and Aria the advantage. But if you found a HJC you liked and it fit comfy I don't think you could go wrong with getting it.

So try on some various HJC's and see how comfortable it feels for ya. The prices are good and like mentioned above they are both DOT and Snell certified. I also see HJC's dirt cheap on eBay (mostly solid colors) so you might want to check there too.

-Flash

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Yeah, I forgot to mention that my next helmet will either be a Shoei or Arai. Nothing against the HJC's, but I think the other two fit a little better (but they are more expensive).

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I've got an HJC FG-12 Crevier replica.
Its very comfortable, I never know I'm wearing it.
Fogging seems normal, its fine if I breath through my nose and have the shield cracked in cold weather.
One complaint is the screen is too loose, it pops open on me when doing shoulder checks on the freeway. Very annoying to get a blast of air in my face when Im trying to see who is beside me.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by CdnNinjaZX6R

I've got an HJC FG-12 Crevier replica.
Its very comfortable, I never know I'm wearing it.
Fogging seems normal, its fine if I breath through my nose and have the shield cracked in cold weather.
One complaint is the screen is too loose, it pops open on me when doing shoulder checks on the freeway. Very annoying to get a blast of air in my face when Im trying to see who is beside me.
My tinted visor does the same thing, but the clear one I have doesn't. Do you think that the little plastic teeth on the visors wear out, and that's why it flips open easily? It didn't used to come open on the freeway, but it does now, when I'm checking blindspots.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My tinted one flies open also (it is not that old)...the clear one that I got to replaced the tinted one is fine...something up with the tinted...

·
Registered
119 Posts
The HJC's are awsome for the money if you are short on $, but if i were you, I would save up another 2 hundred or so and get an arai at a bike show near you or something like that. Also, go to www.helmetharbor.com cus they have a decent price, epsically if you are living in states. Try getting the OGK cus they look sweet!

·
Registered
401 Posts
lot of wind noise and the chin strap is not comfortable for me. next season probably get a shoei

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had a HJC Lt-20 which was not too bad. Fit well,but unstable at speeds. After an hr of riding my neck would need a rest. A bit noisy also. But for under $100 I lived with it.It also held up well when i took a spill earlier this year and went black top surfing on my back and head.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.