Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently sometimes when im comming to a stop when i shift down it wont go into first. the shift lever will go down but it wont click into first gear. it stays in second. i got about 7k miles.

·
Registered
261 Posts
roll the bike a little or shift while still moving
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's Green on The Inside.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This happens to me too sometimes, just either come to a stop in second then shift down, or let the clutch out then pull back in and it should go down. Sometimes you have to re-engage / disengage the clutch once after stopping as well to get it into first. Just get used to it and anticipate that it might happen so you dont get surprized and dump the bike or something.

·
Registered
261 Posts
it sounds like it might be your shift drum. kawi's are notorious for the shift drum wearing, usually its from first to second, but either way it sounds like you will need a new shift drum and maybe a shift fork as well. my roomate pulled his tranny apart and that is what happened to his and i guess it happens alot to kawi's. ill see if i can find the link to the how too and show you whay im talking about, or maybe ill take some pics of his. but from what i've heard its a fairly common occurance.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's Green on The Inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.