Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
my parents sub-division does not allow motorcycles. Basically I can not keep it outside, work on it outside in the driveway, test ride it around the block.

My parents HOA is real gay, some old lady walks around the neighborhood with a ruler and her dog and if she thinks your grass isn't cut she measures it ( can't be higher that 4 inches or something like that) and posts a note on your door that you have 3 days to have your grass cut. not only that if you plan on painting your house, adding a fence, or even having a party you have to make sure its okay first. my parents tried to throw a party for my uncle who just got remarried a year ago and they weren't allowed to cause our guest list was to large and there would be to many cars!?!

but as for my bike i'm only home for weekends at a time and I ride to my brothers place if I'm going to work on it. Usually if you dont have other issues with the HOA they wont hassle you for things like motorcycles/atvs/scooters....kids aren't allowed to ride skateboards in my sub-division...but yeah boats are a total no, you have to keep it at the marina.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i dont see how they can control what vehicels you own tho.
i call BS on that.

theyre still PUBLIC streets right?
EDIT- skywalker pretty much took the words outta my mouth.

oh they can, my brother owns a Trans Am and he's into the car scene so he's got all this work done to it. One of the reasons he moved out was because neighbors were complaining about him driving home late at night with his "loud and rude driving" he worked until 4 am some mornings so coming home at 5 wasn't rare. He moved out because the HOA told my parents to either sell the car or rent a garage at a storage unit because they were receving to many complaints about his car. They can ask you to leave the neighborhood which would result in you selling your house and moving. Theres alot they can legally do if you dont follow their rules and kicking you out is never a problem.

also the whole safer thing, its FULL OF CRAP...I've had my car broken into twice in my life, and both were right outside of my parents house in broad daylight (we have a cop that patrols the place all day) twice, it happened so I dont think its safe at all

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.