Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
if it's a homeowners association, yes I think they can do that... which is why I want to have nothing to do with them. Throwing criticisms is far easier than the act itself. Most times these people, the woman you are talking about, have shitty lives and try to live vicariously through others...

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Must be a local thing there, I've NEVER heard of streets in a neighborhood that didn't belong to the public. I still don't believe it because if they did belong to the HOA that makes them private property and therefore traffic laws don't apply. You can't enforce traffic laws on private property.
Not exactly true. For example, when you go into a shopping mall, you technically don't have to stop for the stop signs.... unless they have signs (and they don't have to be big) at all entrances to the complex that say something to the effect of "All local traffic laws apply". Then, yes, they can ticket you for not stopping.

If it wasn't a gated community I'd do my damndest to get everybody on kawiforums and everybody I knew who had a bike to come over and ride through. If they had to deal with 1200 bike coming through every day for a week I bet they'd shut up and be happy to deal with one.
based on this comment I was going to say, "What are you, 12?" But then you went on to say you own a house, so I'm guessing not. As for the gated community, my parents live on one, and yes, you cannot ride a motorcycle on the plantation. I was planning on stopping in to see them on my trip down the coast this summer (even though it didn't happen). But my mom and I were talking and she said they wouldn't let me in because it's an open trailer. If you bring a bike in (sport or cruiser) if has to be in an enclosed trailer, and you can take it off the trailer and put it in your garage. I'd say it's bullshit, but the trade off is there are no loud cars/bike going around. Makes the place way more peaceful. Now, having a bike myself I would not elect to live there because of that, but I can totally see why my parents like it. So more power to them.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Just like anything. Give someone a little bit of power and they run amok. Sorta like when Skywalker was named moderator. :D

yeah, and I started to poll that made that happen:rolleyes::D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.