Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week, i my new pants came in. joe rocket speedmasters. i had an older pair i bought on ebay, but they were a bit small, so i quit wearing them. i rode yesterday, but never got the nerve to put a knee all the way down. i couldnt stand the way the pucks looked without a scratch on them, all brand new and shiny and junk.

this evening i went to my church parking lot, big, smooth, grippy asphalt, and only a few light poles. i drew myself a big figure eight shaped track in my head, looping around 2 light poles on each end, so i would have a pretty good sweeper with an apex on each end of the turn, and the same on the other end of my 8.

i rode it pretty much upright a few times to sort of get my line, then i started gettin my lean on, then i put my ass on one side of the seat, then i stuck my leg out. it took a few laps then my left(im better at left handers, so i was focusing more on that side)knee bumped right at the apex. the next lap, it dragged for bout 5 feet and so on til i put it down all the way through both corners.

it took a little longer, but i finally did the same with the right side. at the slowest, i got my knee down at 22 mph, so obviously you dont have to go to fast.

sorry rambling on...im excited. this is way more addicting than wheelies.:D

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
yea its deffinately addictive, we used to go hit the highway off ramps to get a knee down, but then i saw a video of a guy wash out and slide in front of a truck. an empty parking lot is one thing, but be careful on populated road. one more thing, you think getting your knee down for a few feet is addictive? go to a track day and get your knee down for 40-50 feet through a whole turn! :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by reintr0ducing
damn your church lets you do that?

i wish i had $$$ for pants with sliders. no knee dragging for me[B)]
so far they let me. no one's told me to leave yet. no ones there on monday night anyway. i wouldnt go make that noise if there was anthing goin on.

yeah its deffinately addictive, we used to go hit the highway off ramps to get a knee down, but then i saw a video of a guy wash out and slide in front of a truck. an empty parking lot is one thing, but be careful on populated road. one more thing, you think getting your knee down for a few feet is addictive? go to a track day and get your knee down for 40-50 feet through a whole turn!

i got it down for 30 or so feet, but yeah, i definately need a trackday or 10. theres only a few roads around here that i could put it down on, and theyre up in the mountains, so theres very little traffic. i wouldnt do it anywhere near other cars anyway.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I couldnt believe how much more stable i felt with a knee down my first time, seems like you push a little here and a little there then all of a sudden it happens and poof your launched into another world of confidence.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
sounds like fun! get some video footage!!

track days coming soon?

btw, I used to LOVE doing 20mph twisties on my 600R...low speed riding can be FUN! (and if you dump it, you won't be sliding for 200 feet into oncoming traffic)

and props for doing it in an empty parking lot

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I recently bought a leather suit and I have been thinking about how much fun it would be to do the same thing in a parking lot and work on dragging my knee. It has been cooling off a bit and raining lately, but one of these days when its about 70 degrees out I'll probably do exactly what you did in a clear parking lot. I don't know the feeling yet...

·
Registered
859 Posts
I don't know the feeling yet. My buddy says I'm leaning the bike over enough to drag, plus I'm 6'1". I guess I just have to stick it out there. Props to you...

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
[:TTIWWOP]

Get some pics on here :D

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Yeah addictive is the word i will be working on mine this week, pics will be coming soon, as the 2nd phase of my 2005 ZX6R is worked on and completed by thursday....

New brake set-up,
traxxion cartridge forks
sprockets
woodcraft cover & clip-ons
1/6 turn trhottle
OH BABY and a track day in 2 weeks ah the good life.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
[:TTIWWOP]

Get some pics on here :D
ill get my girl to meet me there one day this week. maybe friday. shes all into photography and such, so maybe she'll get some good pics.

im gonna have to buy new pucks like every two weeks if i keep this up. anyone know where to get cheap titanium ones, or do they even make cheap titanium?

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Titanium in ANY form is never cheap... but it will last MUCH longer than the plastic stuff most pucks are made of...and it sparks real pretty at night...lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.