Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my wiring harness in the mail, the part I've been waiting on to get my bike running again. I'm going to be working on her all day and night til she runs again. If you didn't know I was taken out in August like this: http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65628

Mods now include: Vortex rearsets, Scotts damper, Full leo Vince SBK system, K&N filter, ZX6RR rear shock and linkage, upgraded springs, D.I.D. X-ring chain, 14t front sprocket, stainless front brake lines, galfer pads, removal of CA emissions and kleen system, NGK iridium plugs, and probably some other stuff.

Mods on the way: Degreed cams, fuel and ignition remapping by BRG racing, and dyno work

Yea bitches!! I'm going to be ready for my Dec. 5th tryout with CA Superbike School!!!

I'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow after she's running.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yeah good to hear she's coming together bro.

I would have been crawling outta my skin for sure. Have you seen that cocksucker since? Seems to me he owes you some $$$, or a good ass whooping.

By the way, explain the fuel and ignition remapping please.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Just read the original post - that is well out of order but suppose you don't have a leg to stand on really. :(

On the upside tho - you have both your proper legs and can still walk! ;) Glad you got it sorted in the end.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
great job getting that thing back together, that was a nasty wreck! hope you wrist healed up good! hows the ol' castro valley holdin down? i used to live there!

·
Registered
102 Posts
nice man congrats. i am about 45 min from infineon, i was hoping to do a CA super bike school. can you give me some info on when they are offered, or what you're talkin about with the tryout? i have seen the website but not sure what days they are offering this year? thanks man. hopefully can do it during christmas break cuz im in college down south!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies, but the bitch is giving me problems. So now HELP!!! PLEASE!!! Okay so here's what's happening, I installed the wiring harness and everything is where it needs to according to the schematics in the service manual. However, when I turn the key the fuel pump does not come on, and make the usual noise pumping fuel, pressurizing the lines. The bike turns over but will not start, then the gas light comes on (full of fresh gas). Also, I have removed the servo motor for the exhaust valve but the FI light DOES NOT come on. Could this be the tip over sensor? After all the bike did cartwheel through the air, but still. The sensor is the only thing I can think of. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
tip switch most likely. if it gets hit hard sometimes they don't reset, id try a new sensor...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by tweakmon

By the way, explain the fuel and ignition remapping please.
Well I'm going to have a place called BRG Racing in the SF Bay Area do my dyno work for me. They use a program similar to a PC3 but it also can adjust the ignition and it costs about the same as a PC3. I can't remember what its called but I know it comes out of Italy (all the good stuff comes out of Italy, i.e. Ducati, Ferrari, Rossi, lol). But, now I do not know if I will use that because I found that I am missing my F'ing ECU!! That was why my bike wouldn't start. It was turning over because I had the starter relay, which I thought was the ECU, and the microfiche on ronayers doesn't show the ECU, ANYWHERE! So, I may have to buy the kit ECU....bla bla. Anyway, we'll see, I'll have more info tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.