Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a quick video I made explaining PAIR valves, what they do, why you might remove them, and showing the process of making block off plates at home for cheap or free. It's not super detailed on the process of making them, it's really quite a generic and simple task, but if you have any questions about anything I'll do my best to answer!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
There is a pair valve eliminator kit that comes with everything you need + a plug that eliminates the unwanted EFI light on the dash. With this kit the pair valve mechanism and all the tubing are completely removed from the bike:

The kit has been upgrated lately and it even comes with billet aluminium block off plates:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool... did you read or watch the video? Do you have no interest in doing anything yourself? The ninja 500 isn't EFI. The things you posted have nothing to do with the ninja 500, and this is a video explaining how it works, and a "how to" for a very basic fabrication for those that enjoy working on their bikes or solving issues without just throwing money at it. This is really intended more as an educational thread

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
cool... did you read or watch the video? Do you have no interest in doing anything yourself? The ninja 500 isn't EFI. The things you posted have nothing to do with the ninja 500, and this is a video explaining how it works, and a "how to" for a very basic fabrication for those that enjoy working on their bikes or solving issues without just throwing money at it. This is really intended more as an educational thread
What I posted can't be more relevant and it is just an extra option, another way of doing things. Some people may not be interested in fabricating things or may not have the skills. We are just sharing information here, it's fun :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, you are an idiot!

This is a biker's community, get a life!

·
Registered
31 Posts
People welcome you here and you are acting like a dick...

An idiot indeed!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@GR rider ah, okay. Sorry. Just didn't seem relevant since the things you posted aren't compatible with this specific engine. I appreciate the thought though. Buying it is one route for people. If they want to find a kit that fits for the 500. I do talk about that in the video. My apologies though, I know you were enthusiastic about my build previously, i just interpreted your intentions wrong.

The other two of you, can piss off. I posted an informational video about an engine modification and someone else responded with information not relevant to this engine, in what was intended to be an educational thread. He would have been flamed for that on any other forum. My slightly frustrated response was not unreasonable. I'm spending my time trying to document this stuff for other people who want to go down the same route, CLEARLY not getting enough views to be of any benefit to myself. I could have just built it, raced it, and called it a day. Instead i'm spending hours filming it to make it easier for other people to do these things. What are you two doing for the community?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
  1. The other two of you, can piss off. I posted an informational video about an engine modification and someone else responded with information not relevant to this engine, in what was intended to be an educational thread. He would have been flamed for that on any other forum.
    I accept your apology but you will have to respect other people's opinions even when you not necessarily agree with them. I am sorry to disappoint you but this is not the kind of forum where people get flamed simply for participating in conversations! Keep riding and smiling brother :)

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Seems to me like the metal you are using is too thin and flexible to keep things sealed properly around the edges where there are no bolts.

·
Registered
758 Posts
^ I was kind of thinking that myself. Wondering if some sort of small gasket should be used with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seems to me like the metal you are using is too thin and flexible to keep things sealed properly around the edges where there are no bolts.
I did consider that and I actually talked about it a little bit in the video but cut it out to save time. It's actually pretty solid. I had the same concern but i've used it to seal high some high pressure oil stuff before with a thin gasket and similar bolt pattern. I am using the stock gaskets which aren't great but I think they'll seal okay. I could pressurize them and find out. Realistically the amount it actually needs to seal is very little. The only thing drawing air through there is the vacuum caused by the exhaust gases, which is not very high. we'll see. I could put some silicone on it but I think i'm only going to leave it blocked off for the tuning process (i'll be using a wideband) and then putting it back on so I get the crackles and pops I like the sound of.

·
Registered
758 Posts
There are no stock gaskets at the reed valve covers. The only gaskets (stock) are along the perimeter of the reed valves themselves. The reed valves fit in pretty tight. Sometimes (usually) difficult to remove.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting. looking at the parts diagram I see what you're saying, there's no gaskets. But mine actually had gaskets. They look pretty old and used, they've definitely been in there a long time and this bike only has 7000km on it. seems weird that whoever removed the PAIR valves in an uneducated way would put aftermarket gaskets in for no reason. I'm wondering if maybe there's some weird differences between different countries and certain models or something. It seems really strange, I'll get a picture of the gaskets next time i'm at the shop though and post it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I believe all North American modals are the same.
Don't get me started :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts