Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to take that damn ungly fender off and i need to make a new one for my plate and new LP signals.

what parts did you guys use to make a home made one?

It needs to be cheap and small.

Pics of homemade stuff would be nice also.

-Daniel-

·
Registered
298 Posts
hey daniel,
mine cost me only the parts for the signals,and a short piece of angle iron. and just used the stock bungy hooks/side reflectors bracket. and the stock licence plate frame holder. bolted the two together with the nicely shaped angle iron and im done. as for the mounting of the signals, i took off the reflectors and drilled the holes alittle bigger to accept the shaft of the lp signal. bolt on wireup and your done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
all you need is two 'L' brackets from a hardware store, which might cost you a dollar. Bolt them in the pre-existing holes on your undertail with the screws that are already on the bike. The only thing you have to figure out after that is which turn signals you want to use. Flushmounts are a simple install as you can use the holes that the black rubber push=pins are in. If you want stalk signals, you'll have to rig up a bracket somehow. Not hard, but the flushmounts are much easier.

I'll get some pics up of mine soon.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black rubber push pins?????

How do you get the stock fender off in the first place.

Anybody have clear instructions on this.

·
Registered
298 Posts
daniel,
if your talking about the plastic rivets, there in the center of them is a small round circle, push it in with a phillips screwdriver or something just slightly.you should hear a single "click" then pull them out with your hand. when replaceing them just push the center piece back out so the center portion is sticking out about 1/4 inch or maybe alittle less. then just line up the holes on the fairings and push it back in and then push the center piece back in flush with the rivet head and your done. now if you talking about the two black rivets under the tail section holding the reflectors and towing hooks on, they just come out. just gently get something under the head of them and pull them out. hope that helps

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are four bolts and a couple plastic connectors and its off. If you start looking at it you will figure out how to get it off pretty quick.

Here is mine, made from 1/8" aluminum. I will get better pics tomorrow when I have some light outside.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i did my on my own.. i took off the seat and drilled a coupla hoels in the bottom, near the wiring harnes, and just got some L brackets and attached some aftermarket indicators to em.. it's looks good to me.. at least untill i can afford the hotbodies undertail.

here'sa my bike.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do i have to take off the whole rear section to get to the wiring??

How do i take out that little black tray?

Where do the wires go after i install the light??

nice looking bikes by the way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.