Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you on a budget. I bought a pair of BMX freestyle pegs for $16.99 and made frame sliders out of them. Longer bolts cost another $3. These are made by Kore and are aluminum. Don't get the steel pegs. Steel is too hard and heavy. The pegs are pre drilled to 5/16". You'll have to ream this out to 7/16" to accomidate the 10mm engine bolts. Aluminum is soft and is easy to drill. Use a 1/2" nut as a spacer for the left side ( .11 cents at auto store)
The knurled finish is great for catching gnats too![:M60]

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
those look pretty cool, nice job. hopefully you won't have to test them. but still, i wonder how well they would work?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not a bad idea man and they certainly do look pretty cool, but like Spartan, I'm kinda wondering if they wouldnt snap if they ever were needed. Like you said, they are aluminium and soft and easy to drill so I'd wonder if they would take the weight of the bike coming down on top of them. I don't mean to be a prick here... just putting in my 2 cents. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1/2" thick at the base and 1/4" thick on the sides. High strength automotive engine mounting bolts. Larger diameter than standard frame sliders. I'm confident these will do the job. If you saw these in person, you wouldn't have any doubts.;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Damn!
pretty good execution.
I had thought about this too, but though I might have to re-enforce it with a steal sleeve on the inside, incase the aluminum was too weak.
(not sure what grade/type aluminum it's using....t6?)

cool job :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.