Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alter the length of the exhaust and you will alter the torque/power curve, Shorten the length will give power at a higher rev range, lengthen it will do the opposite, As the carburation is set for the transitions between the jets at a given RPM, it would be unwise unless you know what your doing to mess around with the length. Grinding off the flange will cost you dear when you sell the bike or decide to stick on a race can. On a bike of this value should you really be a tightfist when it comes to a component such as the exhaust.

Perhaps this chap can explain it betterhttp://www.teammatrix.com.my/CarMods/exhaust_1.html

Ash

Live to ride, Erm Erm, Where are my Car Keys ?

·
Registered
720 Posts
How long have you been riding around like that? I thought taking the canister off would mess up your engine?

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Since I already dumped enough money into the bike for this year, I wanted a cheap way out on the exhaust. It's an alumimum plug/silencer, which goes into the pipe about 2 inches deep (press-fit diameter), has a 1 inch hole, and a lip to match the O.D. of the existing pipe. I've lost the weight of the canister, it sounds awesome, and doesn't feel like jetting is required. The bike feels stronger to me when I hit the powerband, but maybe it's just the powerful sound fooling me? Will probably grind off the canister flange for appearance.

AL

Youngest daughter wanted me to add her drawing [8D]

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sniper, I just did this a few days ago, so I've probably only put on 100 miles. I did this exact same thing years ago, to a KZ650. On the 650 I must have logged over 20,000 miles with this set-up, with no ill effects.

Ash, good article! But the power & torque feel fine, so I'm not going to get too technical about this change. I do agree about the resale value, but I'm pretty sure I'll keep her after I buy a new one. Would love to make this one a stuntbike someday.

AL

·
Registered
720 Posts
WOW! The sound is amazing! It is so fucking loud! But I was an idiot and left that top screw thing in so it came out while riding! FUCK!
But I found it anyway.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.