Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ride this bike before? My dad is looking for a bike with a comfy seating position(he has a plate screwed in his wrist from a fall) The ergos on this bike look great for him and the engine size isnt overwhelming. the dealer by me has none in stock for now so we cant go check it out in person yet.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I don't know how the ergos are, but the seats are uncomfortable. Even Honda riders say that. A ZZR 600 would be a comfortable alternative. It's cool that your dad wants a sport bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i would go with a used zr750 kawi. just like the 599 except better. you can find used ones with low miles very cheap to. the 2000's were naked. 01's and newer have a small fairing like the fz1's

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by nhgranite
i would go with a used zr750 kawi. just like the 599 except better. you can find used ones with low miles very cheap to. the 2000's were naked. 01's and newer have a small fairing like the fz1's
ah sweet. no idea they had a full naked 750, I will look into that also. thanks

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
FYI, there was someone selling a ZR750S for 4k with 900 miles on it up here in Redding. I am sure you could talk the guy down because its been in the paper for quite a while now. If you are interested, PM me and will hook you up with his contact info.
Originally posted by jerzefigga

ah sweet. no idea they had a full naked 750, I will look into that also. thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by InsaneSaki
FYI, there was someone selling a ZR750S for 4k with 900 miles on it up here in Redding. I am sure you could talk the guy down because its been in the paper for quite a while now. If you are interested, PM me and will hook you up with his contact info.
hey thanks for the heads up! Redding is too far for us though. looking for one within a 50 mile radius :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
The reviews I've read of the 599 and 919 say they aren't quite an upright riding position and do put some weight on the wrists. The 650R is about as upright as you can get for a sporty looking bike. FWIW, I'd go with the 919 for the FI and bigger motor for not that much more money. The 599 is pricey for what you get and supposedly buzzier than a 919.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.