Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since crashing my bike in November 2011 it's been through some... changes. Since they didn't have the Chinese fairings back then I decided to streetfighter it up, however, each phase was fraught with problems:

- Aztek 7" cafe light- output SUCKED, wouldn't take regular 7" sealed beams, wouldn't stay upright/aligned properly.
- GSX-R 750 headlight- output was OK but it looked like *** uncovered, and the way I installed it didn't leave enough clearance for wires and stuff
- CBR600F4i nose- wanted to do the bikini fairing thing, but I have to be honest, I chose the wrong nose. Also, headlights from China also suck on output. Also this setup needed clip ons, which after ~1 month of use I am realizing I hate and never want again outside of maybe a track bike.

Honda just came out with like 8 cheap bikes, but 2 are relevant to my interests... the Grom and the CB500F. Why, because they have good looking naked bike headlights! The Grom is already super popular and thankfully the Thai version has a nice headlight, which leaves the USDM one undesirable and for sale. So I picked one up for cheap.

On top of that I have a motorcycle projector kit from The Retrofit Source with a Morimoto D2S projector and a couple of bulbs/ballasts that have been sitting... pretty much since the accident lol. Now that things have slowed down for me a little bit I have the time to put this all together.

Anyway, here are some pics of what I've done so far

Headlight opened up, projector test mounted. Pretty easy. Just gotta do a little bit of dremeling, and then you just screw it on real tight.

Ton of room in the headlight. Bigger, better projectors could be done no problem, but that requires bracketry and more time.

Here's the back... the black and red wires operate the low beam/high beam shutter which will plug into the high beam connector. You can see the dust from the dremeling I did to get room to twist the ring.

Only thing I need now is a shroud for the projector to clean it up. I am not going to paint it or anything like that. I want it to have a clean OEM look.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finished

·
Registered
201 Posts
Very clean look. Nicely done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts