Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Hoppy brand of integrator from Autozone, but am having a devil of a time hooking it up. It's the one with 5 wires coming from one side, and 4 from the other. I've scoured the net for a couple hours looking for instructions with no luck. I found several threads on here, but each seems to have slight variations that contradict each other.

Either that or I'm an idiot, which is highly likely! Anyway, can someone give me some definitive instructions on how to wire this thing up on an '05 ZZR600? I have some flushmount LP signals installed on the rear, if that makes any difference. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good link. Right now I've got it to where my tail lights only flash along with the turn signals when I press the brakes, otherwise it's the turn signals only. Does this mod allow me to run stalk turn signals AND blinking tail lights, or does this replace the turn signals altogether and only use the tail light??

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was wondering the same thing myself. I've got short stalk LED's, and I'd like to get the taillight and the signal to both flash when signaling a turn, but I don't want the stalk signals to come on when I only use the brake since the signals are amber colored. How much was your integrator?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, son of a bitch. Finally got it working! The trick was wiring up BOTH sides first before it would work right. I thought I could do it one side at a time to make sure it worked before cutting wires! I finally just wired it up completely and everything works great now.

The integrator I bought was $10.99 at AutoZone. I am now running the stalks and the tail lights. Looks good, and even if it only saves my ass once from a cager, it was worth the effort!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm too late! I posted this in another thread. My trailer light integrator only had 3 input and 2 output though.

Here we go: If you have the car/trailer type intergrator it has 3 input wires; Green, Red, and Yellow and 2 output wires; Green and Yellow. You need the positive left turn (+) and right turn (+) wire. (easy to find, follow from blinkers.) Connect Right + turn to G input, Left + turn to Y input. Trace the Blue wires from your tailight back toward the connector by the battery. It will be a single Blue wire with a Red stripe. Connect this wire to the Red input wire. Now that the hard part is done, Connect the Right output wire (Green) to the Blue wire going to the right rear bulb and the Left output wire (Yellow) to the blue wire going to the left rear bulb. (Right and Left Rear bulb meaning looking at the taillight from the rear of the bike).

·
Registered
51 Posts
When you wired up your integrator were you able to get the brake lights to come on without the stalk signals lighting as well? I've got mine wired up, but the signals come on when the brake lights do. I don't mind the extra brake lights, but not crazy about the amber brake lights. I think it may actually be illegal here.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I dont have any turn signals on the rear, so i cant comment on that...if you were talking to me??

·
Registered
550 Posts
I had mine HOPPY wired to the stock brake light of my ZZR and When I would brake it would brake, the running lights would work and when i turned on the turn signals each side would light up individually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.