Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have eliminated the only thing that might add significant (if you can consider 3-5 significant) horspower to your bike. Running synthetic oil may add 1 hp. Same goes for using CR9EK plugs. You can seal up the air box better and get a little boost on the top end. Removing the screen from inside the air box may add a bit. A jet kit plus an ignition advancer may add a tiny bit if you have access to a dyno.

If you want a significant power increase the cheapest way is to buy a bigger bike.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I want to gain a few extra hp on my 01' Just for basic improvment It is my everyday driver so I don't want to race it out I just want to add some extra hp I have a bolt on hindle and dont really want a full exhaust sys. maybe a jet kit or something like that. Anybody know of some basic add-on's. Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
i suggest a jet kit or the much controversal flo-commander. the obvious mod is to drop a tooth up front. it won't actually give you more ponies but it shifts the powerband some and you have to make more use of the gear box. the down side to these mods is they require a good amount of tuning to make the most of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.