Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
According to Lee Hindle, they design their pipes (full systems) in hopes of producing 7-10 more horsepower over stock (with remapped EFI)...

Most full systems gain higher-rpm (peak) power at the expense of low-to-mid rpm power. The increased air flow typically allows a bike to rev freer at the later portion of the powerband.

By the way, as a pet peeve... there is no such thing as "hitting a power band", in that a power band is some sort of boost in power that you reach at a certain rpm range. A powerband is an overall description of the power a bike produces THROUGHOUT the entire range. A dyno curve is a visual of a bike's POWERBAND. Just had to get that off my chest. And no, 636pride, that wasn't a criticism directed at you or any one in particular.

Visit www.hindle.com for more info on their exhaust systems, or email [email protected] - a very good gentleman to talk to about their products.

Good luck!

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
DJ's always so technical.....

relax dude....

;)

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by Andy_7676

DJ's always so technical.....

relax dude....

;)

;)

Well, I guess I figure part of the purpose of a forum is to help people correct their misunderstandings, right??? Right???

By the way, welcome back Andy, after your brief HIATUS ! Now you got some work ahead of you to be top posting-dog !!!

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
;)

I'm just messing with ya....good to be back....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.