Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a hose placement help desperatly, I ordered a haynes manual and they dont give a hose diagram like I need, neither does buykawasaki.com part diagrams.

On the engine side of the carburators which plugs do you have plugged? I have #1 and #4 plugged off, and #2 and #3 go into a TEE, then to the vacuum plug on the fuel on/res/off switch.

On the front of the carburators the TWO small tees coming off of #1 and #2 carbs, and #3 and #4 carbs have a hose that goes into a TEE, then the leg of the tee is open with nothing plugged on to it.

And the vacuum valve switch has a small vacuum line nipple but doesn nt have a line coming off of it, the haynes manual shows a line coming off then going into a TEE. But doesnt show where they go after the TEE........

Then on the back of the gas tank it has 3 hose connections. I have the 1st connection going down into a TEE. On the leg of that TEE a hose comes from the fuel level sensor on the bottom of the tank, and the other leg goes down and dangles under the bike.
Other 2 hose connections are not connected to anything.

If you could clear any of this up for me, id GREATLY appreaciate it! It was originally a california bike I found out and it is all jacked up, missing the canistor to make it a california bike. So Im making it a 48 state bike....

Anyways will be waiting for a reply!!! WOULD love to finally ride where it actually worked right!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt, still havent figured it out!

If someone tells me where these hoses go, I can send you a Joe Rocket Red Size Medium Phoenix Jacket for cheap, brand new........

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I can't follow your instructions from memory, but when I get home I'll take a peek at my bike. I have an 89' zx600c2 as well that's bone stock except for the flush front turn signals and rear fender eliminator so I'm assuming the hoses follow the factory paths. By the way, I'm a newbie, so please bear with me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats cool, someone with the same bike as me on here!
I can help you out if you ever got any questions too, ive turn it down and put it back together so many times, and I also have a haynes manual if you ever need something specific.
Just doesnt have a hose diagram.

THanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Ok, so to clarify your first post:

-your 1st and 4th carbs (sitting on the bike going left to right) each have hoses coming out and they are both plugged up.
-your 2nd and 3rd carbs have hoses coming out which combine into a T-shape junction? Then both of them go to the gas on/res/off switch?
-Facing the rear of the bike, the carbs have two T-junctions of hoses combining 1&2, then 3&4. Those two junctions join in cumulative T-junction which doesn't go anywhere.
-What/where is the vacuum valve switch? :(
-Facing the rear of the bike, the gas tank and the fuel sensor have hoses that merge at a T-junction which then empties at the bottom of the bike.

Is the above correct? I haven't looked at the bike yet...
You can also email me [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.