13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which full exhaust for the 2003 636r would give me the most
performance? (I'm looking for full titanium, and a carbon fiber
canister).

·
Registered
13 Posts
best bang for the buck would be hindle, but the midpipe isn't Titanium.

Arata would be my choice. Full Ti and a decent price.

Akrapovic is considered one of the best, if not the best, but is expensive.

Remember to get the PC too. Also, with the new system and PCIII you will lose some low-end power, but have much more up top. If you just ride around on the street you really don't need a full system. I'd just go with a slip-on for sound and looks and still get the PCIII for better tuning.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
A riding buddy of mine (and forum member) gained almost 9 full PEAK horsepower using a full Akrapovic race system and a PCIIIusb on a 2003 ZX6RR (custom map and dyno time). That's a pretty decent chunk of power on peak... and the overrev is even more improved. The Akrapovic is also likely the lightest exhaust on the planet. Dan Kyle racing has had great results using Arata exhausts on the 2003's, and you won't beat the customer service you get from him (will give you custom maps for the exhausts). Several of our members have been extremely pleased with their dealings with him, and the Arata build quality is right there with Akrapovic in my books. Check out www.kyleusa.com for more details.

It comes down to how much you are willing to spend to get better build quality and weight savings versus just adding some power. If you are on a budget, you can't beat Hindle exhausts for performance for the buck, but again you'll lose a little in fit and finish. For middle ground, there's Yosh and Micron and Laser and several others producing good quality exhausts that should all boost your power if set up right with a remap. All these companies should offer a titanium header pipe system with a carbon can if that's what you're after, but most will use a can with stainless internals and endcaps and a carbon fiber shell (Akrapovic and Arata don't)... again, to an extent you get what you pay for.

Try doing a SEARCH of the forum (button near top right corner) and you'll find TONS of opinions on exhaust.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the great things about exhaust is it being loud and abnoxious.
Thats cool, but i'm planning to go really fast. I think I'll go with
the Ak or Arata, carbon canister or not. The Ak is the lightest,
and I get the most top end power, right? I'm planning on hitting up
the highways on late night missions. Do I really lose a noticeable
amount of low end with the full system. Which power commander do I need
with the system?(pcIII)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
We're talking extreme low end loss - minimal at best, usually under 4-5,000 rpm, where you shouldn't be near anyway if you're trying to go fast. From there on in, you'll be further ahead. I'm speaking specifically of Arata and Akrapovic systems, since I've seen charts for both.

And the PC unit you need is a PCIIIusb #207-411.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn it! you say extreme low end power loss? maybe if I got exhaust
that wasn't as good as the Ak but somewhere in the middle like
a muzzy exhaust? aren;t they supposed to be good for kawasaki's?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You're misinterpreting... I mean SLIGHT power loss at EXTREMELY low rpm...

Not extreme loss by ANY means... we're talking losing a pony or two UNDER 5,000rpm to gain 10 or so on top... I'd make that trade any day of the week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.