Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a reliable source,

"Word is from the top that the official weight for the ZX6R is 354 lb's and ram air crank hp will be 125 and 120 on the ZX6RR respectively, dyno numbers may vary depending on if the ram air is supplied."

Also my friend pointed out that in 1987 the Kawasaki Ninja 1000c made 120 hp and weighed 525pounds and at that time that bike was the #1 crotch rocket... 171 pounds lost in 15 years not to mention all the other gadgetry the new ninja has...

Also a little birdie told me that the Yamaha R6 is supposedly 2 pounds heavier than the 6R and the Honda is in at a staggering 370 something pounds....

The 6Rs are supposedly in Canada by the end of November, but that's viewing it very optimistically....

In the words of KHI motorcycle division President "...this is only the begining..."

WMRC Novice Racer #87

www.bcsportbikes.com/cgi-bin/bike.disp/37

·
Registered
76 Posts
From the Kawi website:

Engine: 4-stroke, DOHC, inline four

Displacement: 636cc

Starting: Electric

Bore x Stroke: 68.0 x 43.8mm

Compression ratio: 12.8:1

Cooling: Liquid

Carburetion: Fuel injection with 38mm throttle bodies

Ignition: Digital

Transmission: 6-speed

Frame: Perimeter, pressed-aluminum

Rake/trail: 24.5/95

Suspension, front: 41mm inverted cartridge fork with adjustable compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload

Suspension, rear: Bottom-link UNI-TRAK® system with gas-charged shock, stepless rebound and compression adjustability

Wheel travel, front: 4.7 in.

Wheel travel, rear: 5.3 in.

Tire, front: 120/65x17

Tire, rear: 180/55x17

Front brake: 280mm dual hydraulic discs

Rear brake: 220mm single hydraulic disc

Overall length: 79.7 in.

Overall width: 28.3 in.

Overall height: 43.7 in.

Ground clearance: 5.1 in.

Seat height: 32.5 in.

Dry weight: 355 lbs.

Fuel capacity: 3.5 gal.

Wheelbase: 55.1 in.

Colors: Black Pearl/Candy Lightning Blue/Passion Red/Galaxy Silver

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i bet you it is right...that's how they save weight....

smaller tanks is less metal is less weight...plus, the new zx-6r is usppose to be very track oriented so they wouldn't need a 4.9 gallon tank like we got on our pre 03 models...

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I hope that fuel capacity is a mistake. If that 3.5 gallon fuel tank capacity is true, I'm definitely going with the Honda for next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.