Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 ZZR 600

Been having some hot start issues since the end of last season. Facts:
- Starts easily when cold (with a little bit of choke and usually a touch of throttle for good measure)
- If I Start it back up within a minute after shutting off it will start, but only with a touch of choke.
- Let it sit for a while (say 3-5 minutes) and it will fail to start with any combination of choke/throttle
- Letting it cool down for 15-30 minutes and it will *usually* start again, with choke and throttle.
- Will always start again after waiting extended periods of time (many hours/days)
- Was unable to bump start or jump start
- I believe the bike runs rich (plugs looked quite fouled last time i pulled them, 1.5 years ago)

What could I be looking at here, and what kind of troubleshooting could I perform to narrow down the issue?
Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Based on some of my research, running rich could be the problem. Noob question, but how do I lean it out? I've worked on the carbs before but I'm not sure what is required to change the ratios, and my service manual did not specify.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I would clean the carbs really well and replace the plugs before messing with the jetting. Hot start issues might also be a problem with the valves, do you know when they were adjusted last ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would clean the carbs really well and replace the plugs before messing with the jetting. Hot start issues might also be a problem with the valves, do you know when they were adjusted last ?
Carb clean was done end of 2016.
Plugs only ever cleaned and gapped, never changed that i know of.

valves never adjusted in 18k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts