Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I would like to say that the whole HotBodies experience has been very nice. The support is top notch. I had to ask a couple of questions on brackets and mounting, they were handle by very nice, knowledgeable folks. This is also my first set to put on. It took about 3 hours as I was being very careful.

The bodywork arrived in a box very well packed, everything packed in bubble wrap. Each peace was flawless. No pits or holes, only one ruff sand spot on the front cowling.

Installing the tail was a bit tricky at first. There is a bracket with a relay off to the side of the sub-frame that I had to remove the relay from the bracket, fit the tail then replace the relay on the bracket.

There is also an issue with the top mounting points on the tail. There is not a threaded nut where the tail expects to be screwed down. I will have to fix this with slide brackets which I will get a Lowes.

The front fender was next. It when on very nicely with no problems.

The main body went on very easily a little pull here and a little pull there. All the bolt markers lined up nicely I had no problem until I got to the cowl bracket that mounts the windscreen and mirrors. This was not marked and I had to use a little measuring to get it right. Drilling was easy.

The only time I needed the Dremel was when I had to shave some off the belly pan for the exhaust and around the bracket for the side stand. All and all it came out very well here are more pix:

In summation a couple of things would have made this perfect. HotBodies does not make a windscreen for the bike yet, so I did not get one. They should have one in 2 or 3 months. Also, since I will be removing them and putting the street stuff back on every now and then. I have a list of brackets and grommets that need to stay with the bodywork:

(1) 11054A Mirror Bracket Left .............. 9.82
(1) 11054B Mirror Bracket Right ............ 9.82
(4) 92160 Mirror Damper ..................... 9.12
(6) 92161A Side Panel Mount Grommets ... 7.92
........................................................ 36.68
We will see how they feel at Barbers on the 6th. And I will update it when I get the slide brackets for the tail.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I've had mine for awhile (still in box) - just haven't bothered putting them on as I've been tracking the 600 these past weekends.

Looks like the seat to rear cowl don't line up too well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've had mine for awhile (still in box) - just haven't bothered putting them on as I've been tracking the 600 these past weekends.

Looks like the seat to rear cowl don't line up too well.
Picture is deceiving, it lines up ok. I have not gotten the grommets and the slide bolts I spoke of so it is just hanging there.

Here is a photoshop of the paint scheme... I have the Race Replica kit for Haydens bike hope I am not too much of a poser!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Looks good. Mine were supposed to be here today but they screwed it up and FedEx didn't deliver it. I'm going to get it from those morons tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Looks very nice bro. I also like the intended paint scheme.

How does it seem as far as weight difference goes? I'm sure you dropped a few lbs just getting rid of the lighting.

Once again, nice job.

Reactions: VeX

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe 8 - 10 pounds I was expecting more, I plan on measuring to see exactly. You could pick the whole box up with 1 hand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts