Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into exhaust and I either want the akra or the hotbodies but I thought the hotbodies melted the plastic or something so if anyone has them or knows about this please post up:)

·
Registered
211 Posts
thay say the hotbodies melts the under tray but if you put heat tape were its suppost to go you wont have any problems.on a nother note i have a hotbodies pipe for sale off my wreked 636

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wouldnt buy the hotbodies if I was you. I ordered one got slapped it on and had nothing but problems with it. The two screws the hold the under tail on would melt through the undertail and come loose, and one night it came loose and I was goin to put it back on when I touched the undertail I left two lil identions where my fingers were it would get that hot IMO I would say get the other hot bodies are nice lookin if ur goin to let the bike sit there, and I used all the heat tape they sent with the kit and it still melted the undertail.:(piece of crap.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I originally bought the hotbodies first. Worst decision I've ever made, melted the undertray....even with the heat shrink tape. Bought an Akra afterwards and it's great.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey i'm new to the forums but I just installed it myself, I took the tray out per the directions, I had a few initial issues but I seem to have resolved all of them. I needed to add a second set of body fasteners up towards the top of my tail section to make it sit squarely on the rear (mostly due to the location of my power commander), but heat was definately an issue so I cut a couple of holes and fashioned some vent covers that I installed myself, it doesn't look perfect but its not horrible either, I could take some pictures of it if you're interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.