Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yes, you keep the chain gaurd. It fastens with the two chain gaurd bolts and the screw on the other side that holds the clip that holds the brake line. I have a red one, I ran with it for awhile, but took it off not liking the looks...it's very big. I'm considering painting it black after seeing this, mine was just too much red...it looks much better black....

and before the Monster decals

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
How does the hugger fasten down -- Is it only by the two screws for the chain guard? Also, Do their instructions tell you to keep the chain guard? Not sure if I like the look of both the hugger and the chain guard.
It fastens down by the two screws for the chain guard on the left side, the right side brake hose clamp bolt (use a crescent wrench from the right or a ratchet on an extension from the left to get at it) and a huge strip of industrial velcro at the front of the swingarm.

I'm curious how you guys managed to keep the chainguard though - I got mine for a steal on Ebay because it was damaged and I had to modify it by cutting off the point so that the chainguard could be in place.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I think you should have gone semigloss rather than flat black - that would match the other black areas better IMO. Looks good though. Before I got mine I was debating on keeping it red or painting it black...Had I gone with black I would have got a black front fender as well to make both ends match.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i'm not really diggin that flat black. i painted mine black at first, but not that flat. i think it would look better with a little bit of shine on it. just my opinion

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for looking everybody.

Yes its a puig double bubble in black, not dark smoke.

I debated long and hard about the chain guard... it is harder to fit with the guard on but it works OK. Well, I took it off last night before going out... I think I will leave it off it does look a little nicer without, methinks.

color wise it matches very close with the black shroud around the exhaust, so I'm pretty happy with the flat black.

It fastens down by 2 screws where the chain guard is, plus 1 on the right side where the brake line attaches.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I think it looks way better in black than red....it's funny that it seems like all of the pics I have seen of the Hotbodies have been Passion Reds. Something to do with the KR Tuned exhaust pics that make it look good? Lol

If you relocate your rear reservoir it will clean it up further back there. Did your rear signals break off?

Nice Akra by the way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't like the hotbodies tire hugger, so I went with the PowerBronze mesh hugger.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.