Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been shopping around for an undertail/Fender Eliminator for the ZX10R and came to one that I really liked. What appealed to me initially was that this undertail was very aesthetically clean and really cleaned up the rear portion of the bike. However, I was very disappointed in the overall quality of the product. I did have to shave off lil plastic clips on the original rear fender *per instructions* which was a bit hairy as OEM fairings don't tend to be cheap. There were 2 pieces that was supposed to be used on the tail piece, but it would've made the hole bigger and eventually rip. Went to the hardware store and picked up a pair of bolts, nuts and washers to remedy the issue. Anyhow, all things said and done, I'm very pleased at the way it came out and install was fairly easy for those who are willing to take their time to do an undertail install. *Also having the right tools always helps.* I know these shots aren't as nice as my last pictures, but enjoy! I give this product a 3.5 stars out of 5.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

And finally a vid of the signals working:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
competition werks makes a nice undertail, with a roller that would look great on there.
Are you kidding me? I don't even understand how a company like CompetitionWerkes stays in business. They give you a small sheet of aluminum and 2 generic blinkers for $130... and it only goes on top of the factory undertail. They only reason they're still alive as a business is because of ignorant people who haven't looked enough into what they're purchasing. Hotbodies at least gives you an aftermarket undertail with built in blinkers and it's color matched.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I like it but I wish the shiny blacked either matched the OEM flat black or the just made the whole undertail completetly shiny. Ive been looking for something like this as well, might just hold out now.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Im really interested in your puig though would you be as kind to take some shots off it for me mainly from the tank looking forward, a head on, and side profile.... Im not to picky!:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you kidding me? I don't even understand how a company like CompetitionWerkes stays in business. They give you a small sheet of aluminum and 2 generic blinkers for $130... and it only goes on top of the factory undertail. They only reason they're still alive as a business is because of ignorant people who haven't looked enough into what they're purchasing. Hotbodies at least gives you an aftermarket undertail with built in blinkers and it's color matched.
I'm guilty as charged... Though I did look at Hardbodies but I'm not really a fan of integrated turn signals. My kit from CW came with brackets that are supposed to mount the turn signals to the licence plate, however, there's not enough room for both the signals and the licence plate bolts. Live and learn I guess... :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
i just saw the add for one of those in one of my magz. It seems like it cleans the tail section up nicely.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I sorry but those blinkers totally suck, you can hardly see them. The tail overall looks nice but do something about the blinkers so people can actually see them.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hotbodies are a joke. I have an 05 titanium ZX10R. They sent me a used item (scratches, paint missing, already screwed onto a bike, and used double sided tape on it), and the colour match was terrible.

This is after they told me the colour between US and Australian models is different... well it's not.

And they want me to pay shipping to send it back....

Yeah, sure, these guys are professional.

04 model, 08 model. Dont matter I'd steer clear of em.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hotbodies colour matched....?

Yeah, colour matched this well...

*laughs*

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the comments. I know that Hotbodies have very mixed reviews, but from my experience, it's been an ok product. Not great, but not bad either.

IL

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for all the comments. I know that Hotbodies have very mixed reviews, but from my experience, it's been an ok product. Not great, but not bad either.

IL
I think it looks great, did it come with decent instructions? It seems like it may be a bit more work than im willing to put in...

·
Registered
187 Posts
yea i think its a hit or miss w/ hotbodies but to be honest at $180 this is the only product worth over $100 as it makes the bike look clean and factory w/ the integrated signals. I notice theyr'e supposed to come w/ a license tag bracket.. any idea for that? can you put it tucked under the tail before the tire?

As for visibility of the signals, during the day im sure they're noticeable enough and besides everyone will see and hear you... at night is the biggest concern and you can DEFINITELY see those lights at night... Im sold on it i just have to figure out if i want the new transparent one that covers the tailight too and look like verything flows more and what to do about a license plate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts