Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
if those blinkers are brighter than the crappy ones i got with the TARGA kit, i may be interested. anyone know anything? ive been tempted a few times to fit the huge stockers on my TARGA kit for some visibility... :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
i really like that tail. i am thinking about going with the same company for my 99 zx6 but i cant seem to get the instructions to work from their website??

-amvenne
'99 ZX6r

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by amvenne

i really like that tail. i am thinking about going with the same company for my 99 zx6 but i cant seem to get the instructions to work from their website??

-amvenne
'99 ZX6r
I printed them off a while back when I was thinking about getting one...if you still can't get the ins let me know and I'll try to dig them up and scan 'em. Obviously the site worked when I was on it, so maybe it'll be up again later.

I just went and checked their site...opened fine for me. You need to have Adobe Acrobat installed to view it. I've attached the PDF (acrobat file) here (rename the file and remove the .jpg from the end). The uploader said images only so that's why I renamed it...wasn't sure if it would reject a PDF and was too lazy to find out LOL. Go to www.adobe.com if you need acrobat.

grunt_99 has attached this file: ZX6R_ss_ut.pdf.jpg 61 KB

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by CdnNinjaZX6R

Looks good, but since the 03 6R has a built in undertail, your basically paying $200 for a fender eliminator...

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11
Point taken
but I was really lookin for a way to clean up the underside of all those holes,and have some turnsignals since i removed the rear fender

Never Underestimate the Power of Stupidity

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Glad your undertail came in.

Mine did FINALLY come in too. I got the Pyramid undertray. So that is my project for the week to get that puppy mounted up.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Got my Pyramid undertail all installed.

Worked on it last night and today. Came out great!

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
700 Posts
So I just installed my hotbodies undertail on my 00', and man was it a pain in the ass. The instructions are not very specific. But man is it worth it, it cleans up the back sooo much. I'll post pics soon.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Aznridr is correct.

They give you half assed instructions. More detialed instructions and maybe some "helpful hints" would have been nice. But I think if the instructions looked like too much of a hassle a lot fo people might not buy them. The instructions on my Pyramid undertray was pretty vague, I had to take it off twice during installation while I was getting everything fitted and lined up.

Ya ya. Depends on the unertail you get. Some will require you buy or make a bracket to put the plate on. Undertails that retail the trunk will have a flat area to mount the plate. Some vendors have a small lip to attach the plates to as well.

Though in the long run, I have to admit, the bike looks 100% better with a hugger and undertail. Waaaaaaaaay better.

-Flash

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Ya know, once you add a plate to that undertail, it's basically going to look like the factory undertail except the signals are built in, and you can fit small short stalks onto your fender eliminator anyway and end up with basically the same look. I dunno, those undertails look fantastic on pre-2003's, but I can't see $200 on one for the '03 personally.

Mine doesn't really look THAT different, and it cost me about $30US total including the signals...

What DOES really interest me is that those look like the factory rims painted GOLD, which I've been tossing around doing to my bike... hmmmmmmm...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for those who are lookin for soemthin different
check this out,,it s still on the development stage but I think its gonna be the SHIIZZZNNIITTTTT when its finished

www.customled.com

------

Never Underestimate the POWER of sTupIDiTy

·
Registered
248 Posts
Anyone bought the Hotbodies undertail for an 02 6r? It seems kinda inexpensive considering that it says integrator included. Let me know(I am hunting around for an undertail) Thanks

John

------

Rubber side down, One wheel up!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have one on my 00', and I think it looks sweet. Still waiting for my tire hugger though.

------

Stress is only caused by oneself.

·
Registered
248 Posts
aznridr, was it easy to install? I am pretty mechanically inclined so do you think it will be easy? Did yours come with the integrator for 189$ also? Thanks for the help

-Do you think you can post a pic of the finished product?

John

------

Rubber side down, One wheel up!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
As long as you have a dremel, I think yer good. It's kind of pain in the ass to cut all of the fender off, thats the only hard part. The integrator should be pretty easy to install, as long as you connect all the wires correctly. Here's a tip for the integrator, on my 00' the blue wire w/the red stripe was my brake wire.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Looks REAL nice!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.