Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question for you guys with an 00-02 that have the hotbodies undertail.... how much room do you have left in the glove box (underseat compartment)? pics would also be greatly appreciated. I'm just wondering because I'm about to order one but I'm hoping to be able to fit my kriptodisc lock in there... One more thing, are you happy with your purchase or do you wish you would've bought a different undertail.....

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm happy with mine. I think it's the cleanest looking undertail for the 00-02s. You would have enough room to put your lock in. The undertail is a pain in the arse to install though.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
The hotbodies one is OK, but I think this one from http://www.graphicartmotodesign.com is by far the best looking one for the 98-02's...It is pricey though.

This one from http://www.extremegraphicfsmd.com is cool too if you want something really different..

As for the cryptolock, the hotbodies one is almost the same(if not the same) as this one offered by extremegraphicfsmd, which I have. My disk lock fits fine in it. WARNING! I would suggest you make sure the tail is on well, and try not to have anything heavy like the disk lock sitting on it. I guess we did not tighten mine on well, because as I was riding one side poped out, and my disklock fell out, as well as my $120 headset for work. I now use my new dislocks carrying pouch to hold it to the bike, rather then sit directly on the undertail.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the links and the heads up about securing the lock. [8D] I'm pretty set on getting the hotbodies undertail... :D

·
Registered
700 Posts
here's mine,
I also really like the extreme grapgics one but too pricey.

·
Registered
321 Posts
aznridr,
who makes that undertail and where did you get it? Also, does it come with the hardware to mount your license plate so far under? Do you have any problems with cops because of your plate? One more question, how is the color matching? I'm really anal retentive about color matching. Thanks a lot!

Chris

·
Registered
132 Posts
Chris, I have the same hot bodies undertail and instead of using the license plate mounting bracket, i did the same thing and put my plate like in the pic above. I just took two screws and screwed it through the plastic. Just make sure you aren't hitting anything on the other side. I got pulled over once for it, but I think the cop just wanted a closer look at my girl's boobs.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Originally posted by varneyc
aznridr,
who makes that undertail and where did you get it? Also, does it come with the hardware to mount your license plate so far under? Do you have any problems with cops because of your plate? One more question, how is the color matching? I'm really anal retentive about color matching. Thanks a lot!

Chris
I dunno if I already replied to this, but the undertail is a hotbodies. as for the plate I just used double stick tape. But I moved it cause the popo gave me too much shit about it. and the color matching I think is great. jus look at the picture.

·
Registered
321 Posts
anzrider, I ordered the hotbodies like yours a couple days ago, came to 211.41 with shipping. I'll let you all know when I get it.I'm going to compile all these pics into an actual site for all to see my progress and such on the polishing of the wheels, frame, undertail(ordered and shipped 2 days ago), solo cowl(bought already), and front flushmounts(LP v's shipped yesterday) so you all can see the progress. Just give me some time. UndercoverDJay on aol if you want any of them. Peace

Chris

·
Registered
700 Posts
Originally posted by varneyc
anzrider, I ordered the hotbodies like yours a couple days ago, came to 211.41 with shipping. I'll let you all know when I get it.I'm going to compile all these pics into an actual site for all to see my progress and such on the polishing of the wheels, frame, undertail(ordered and shipped 2 days ago), solo cowl(bought already), and front flushmounts(LP v's shipped yesterday) so you all can see the progress. Just give me some time. UndercoverDJay on aol if you want any of them. Peace

Chris
I think you'll be pleased. Although the install might be a pain in the ass. Word of advice, if you use a dremel to cut the fender off, lay a tarp down to catch all the plastic shavings. good luck

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Originally posted by 2001ZX6R
Is there any type of bracket that allows you to mount your licence plate to your exhaust pipe or swingarm?
Texas fairing? I think makes an exhaust mounted plate holder

Never mind that was already posted;/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.