Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed the HOTBODIES UNDERTAIL for 2003 model yet? if you did, how did it turn out? are u pleased with its fit? ect. ect. the reason im asking is this: i ordered mine and received it yesterday. i began installation and realized that two holes did not line up at all. so i called hotbodies (so far they have been understanding, ill let yall know how it all turns out). they are sending me another. unless this particular undertail was just a mess up, i dont think the tail section near the rear brake light is going to fit very well without eccessive trimming. also, if you have some information or suggestions as to the cutting (TRIMMING is what the instructions call it) of the INJECTION PORTS please leave me some feedback. im not sure if im supposed to cut slots or cut complete gaps were the injection ports are.........thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
i installed mine it fits good, all i had to do is leave the tail section loose, and trim the little plastic squares off the tail section itself not on the new undertail. there is nothing to trim on there, i did not see it in my instructions they did not explain it well. pm me if you need to.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The second one fit well, i have to admit i messed this one up a little myself. it still looks sweet, only if you study it would you know where i messed up. i will probly buy another soon because now i know how to trim it the correct way. i agree with you, i wish they would include a more detailed set of instructions for this undertail installation. i highly recommend any 2003 zx owners to install this undertail, color match is sweet, fit is great (once you know how to trim it :() and the looks of this undertail after installation is just plain awsome. ill post some pics soon.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
03' zx RR
godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00295.jpg
godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00297.jpg I put my l.p. on the (1) one inch lip located directly under the battery tray holder. I used a strip of velcro to attach the license plate to that (1") inch lip. it works great. I would give the fit, and finish for a novice like me a B- for a grade, but if you are a good body man, this tail can be a A+ for fit and finish. from the side view pic, you can barely see my license plate, its to the left of my rear pegs (that fine line you can barely see).

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it holds great, ive been 125mph with it just to test it. its so far under my bike, and protected from the wind via its center position behind motor.

·
Registered
558 Posts
my plate is in the same place i just used L brackets and drilled that to the bottom of the batt box then bolted the orig plate holder to the brackets...it stuck out to far and hit my hugger so i snipped the bottom of the plate.

does yours flap around at all?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.