Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,Folks

I'm cleaning and lubing the chain and I noticed the left side of my swingarm is bent! I just bought her a few weeks ago and haven't driven her since.Been going over everything....

It's out by about a 1/4 inch at the back.It doesn't look like it's been hit,the muffler,castle nut,axle bolt,back fairings,nor wheel has any damage to them.Not even scratches.

When I drove her home a few weeks ago about 5 miles I had her at alot of different speeds. I didn't notice any vibrations or such.There's no abnormal tire ware or brake disc ware.
Can I just adjust it out by tire alignment?

Could this be a factory error that was corrected by the bending of the swing arm? Pics below.......

Thanks,BlackKarma....;)

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I think that's how it is supposed to be, I know 650's have a bend in the swingarm like that, it's actually more pronounced.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that's how it is supposed to be, I know 650's have a bend in the swingarm like that, it's actually more pronounced.
That's what I'm leaning toward...My GS500 Suzuki had both arms like that!

·
Registered
15 Posts
its supposed to be like that. almost every swingarm i've seen is bent like that, and it looks really weird at first sight. But its done by the factory to make it go parallell(90 degrees) with the wheel on both sides.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Like has been mentioned it's probably supposed to be like that. It doesn't take much to upset the squareness of the axle so if the axle slides through easily then all is well. If you really have to force it then perhaps there's a prob.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its supposed to be like that. almost every swingarm i've seen is bent like that, and it looks really weird at first sight. But its done by the factory to make it go parallell(90 degrees) with the wheel on both sides.

Thank's Everyone for the post....Learn something every day.I got to thinking that it's prob because the sprocket is on that side..so it makes sense.:cheers-004::monkeyup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2004 does NOT have an indent on the swingarm like the one in the picture. It has a scratch in the paint from the exhaust can, but the metal is flat all along the side of the swingarm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts