Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of anyone having issues with thier digital speedometers? I recently got a ticket, but I read somewere that the digital speedometer is about 10-15% inaccurate. Anybodyelse heard about this? I have a case to fight, thanks!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
10% optimistic. Unless you got a ticket for going under the speed limit, it's not going to help.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
As gary said, they read about 10% faster then you are actually going, so that won't help you. Even if it was under reporting, the court won't care. You legally don't even need to have a speedometer in a car, so you can't use the excuse that it was inaccurate. If it was reading low, you might be able to go after the manufacturer, but it won't help a ticket.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
They're optimistic, but I've never seen one in the 10-15% range. Usually you hear 3-5%, but that's about it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dude, check this out. I used it and it worked. The only thing that sucks is you have to pay for the ticket, but they send you the money back. You never once have to go and waste half a day in court. Read up on it. It'll explain it in detail. You can even get out of one of those tickets with your picture taken. I'm not affiliated with this guy, just like beating the system.

http://www.ticketassassin.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.