Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
doesnt look bad at all for the price if it runs ok, but im not a fan of the ugly red pipes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The scary part in his ad... "THIS ONE HAS SEEN ITS BETTER DAYS BUT IT RUNS GREAT AND YOU CAN RIDE IT HOME." He actually felt he needed to say you can ride it home.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah-I can only echo what these guys said. It doesn't sound good to me. The pictures aren't great and I'm not super-familiar with that era Ninga (sorry, I had to) but it appears to be missing a lot of things off the front end. Blinkers, and a fender most obviously. Plus that windshield looks a little suspect.

·
Registered
274 Posts
$1k seems like a good price if the motor isn't spewing out smoke, knocking, etc. i'd paint it, recover seat, not crazy about that color scheme. pipes are probably scraped up (painted over) but newer ones are available cheap on ebay. i saw one at the dealer and they wanted over $3k and it looked all worn out. go ride it. j

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you were to go to the Kawasaki web site you could pull up the parts list for 2002 (http://www.kawasaki.com/kawasakinew...etingID=163&ModelYear=2002&ModelCode=EX250F16) and be able to verify that the only colors that were made in 2002 were Chrome Yellow and Lime Green, mufflers were black, and the seat was black.

What's that mean - somebody has been busy with a spray gun and some upholstery material.:)

Always hard to tell off of CL pictures put some things I see right off are:

Mirrors missing
Front Turn Signals missing
Front Fender missing and with that missing the front brake line and spedo cable are more exposed to tire rub

Also it didn't look to be the cleanest thing going.

Bottom line, how bad do you want this bike and how much are you willing to put into it.

I wouldn't buy without looking. For some clues on what to look for here is a good source (http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/What_do_I_need_to_know_about_buying_a_used_bike?)

Have fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts