Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
my mirrors also move when i come down hard from a wheelie....it only moves where the mirror connects to the arm...i dont know of any way to tighten it

·
Registered
720 Posts
Whenever I go above a 100 my left mirror get's pushed in by the wind. What can I tighten to stop this?

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ask cause there are 2 pivots..
If it's the one where the bolts are that hold it onto the upper fairing, you might be able to do it.

If it's where the mirror pivots on the end of the arm, like that you can move up/down/left/right, then you might be outta luck, you could squirt some sticky goo in there, not glue cause you'll want to move em later, but something thick.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
DONT use bondo since its only a body filler and not glue.

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Bondo wouldn't work[?] Oh well, if you don't use Bondo, you can use any quality heavy-duty glue. I don't foresee you having to move them at some time once you get them initially adjusted, so if that seems to be your last bet (which it does seem) then that would suffice. I have never had to readjust my mirrors since I got my bike. I wouldn't suggest sticky goop, either. That would get all gummed up and become messy. Besides, that probably wouldn't do the trick. It would just take a bit longer for your mirrors to become unadjusted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by a007sniper

Because it just occured to me that it's not really a big deal.
I don't blame you... it may only take a couple seconds to adjust, but if you're talkin 5, 10, maybe 15 seconds to get them right where you want em, that's a long time to have your eyes off the road... and that's not what I want to be doin while i'm riding.

If it seems to happen every time you get around 100 i would like into either gluing them where you want them permanently, or spring for a new mirror. 100 is too easy to get to... i know i wouldn't want to have to readjust my mirror every time i pass someone on the highway. [:p]

-------------

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yup, I discovered that on my own after my mirror was always moving out of place at hwy speeds. It probably unscrewed itself when I put it down on that side.

2002 Green ZX-6R

-LP flushmount V's
-Integrated rear signals
-Akrapovic Ti pipe

...more mods to come!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.