Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the new 7th gear is a nice bonus
I know the bike is a 6 speed but what exactly is the joke lol?? did they rework the gearing to be more efficient or something? I am completely unfamiliar with the 07 and under models but really like my bosses 08, it only has 200 miles on it and he will sell it to me for 3250, its black, i have test drove it and loved it, but i just wanted to know some of the things veteran riders liked about the bike.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I love my Ninja 250R. When I ride with a group of 600 and 750's I can keep up with them in the city. They keep saying thats a quick 25oR. I wish the topspeed on the 250R was atleast 125 mph but at 105-110mph im not complaining for thats all I really need.
As far as MPG...love it I get between 52-58mpg and can still have fun with it. The look of the 250R is up to par and the average girl does not know if its a 250 or not they see it as a nice looking bike and want a ride.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I know the bike is a 6 speed but what exactly is the joke lol?? did they rework the gearing to be more efficient or something? I am completely unfamiliar with the 07 and under models but really like my bosses 08, it only has 200 miles on it and he will sell it to me for 3250, its black, i have test drove it and loved it, but i just wanted to know some of the things veteran riders liked about the bike.
if this is your first bike... buy it, ride it, learn on it, enjoy it.

price seems decent if the bike is in perfect condition. Is it?

click the link in my sig if you want to take a virtual ride on one through some twisties. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
These are the things I don't like about the bike... outdated gauges, carburator, skinny tires, lack of power at times.

Everything else I love lol.

·
Registered
603 Posts
There is not a flaw on the bike whatsoever haha
Now you've got it!

I bought it because it was cheap and would save me gas money. It was, and it does, but I found out it's also a riot to tool around on. It's not terribly fast, but keeps up with traffic, no problem.

Bad points? The mirror position kinda sucks.

7th gear? You can only use it if you disable reverse. Not worth it, in my opinion. Someone's got to have a write up somewhere, but a video demonstrating 7th gear can be found HERE.

All in all, it's been a great little bike to have and ride. I'd recommend it.

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
No complaints here. The only excuse people seem to have against the 250 is its power output. But I didn't buy it to be fast or powerful and don't expect it to be so I'm content. But it's peppy enough to be fun. And I have ridden bigger bikes so I know what they can offer but I'm still OK with my 1/4 putt putt.

But it's not for everyone. Some people need big engines and fatty tires to feel good. :D

G

·
if he'll sell it to you for that price, jump on it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.