Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
silly question i know but is it relativly easy?
as its winter the mod projects start so im gonna begin on the paint side and tail section
gettin an old tank of ebay to paint it (so i dont mess up my original one) and i just wondered how you D/C the pump and stuff like that.
any help and/or pics would be really helpfull
cheers
oh its a zx6r-j2
cheers guys

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have you tried looking at it yourself. Just unbolt the tank and lift it up and see. Probably just nipples with lines slipped on them.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
it is a farily simple project (removing the tank i mean) there are 2 bolts near the triple tree where the tank attaches to the frame and the 2 bolts which attach the lower part of the tank to the subframe through the battery retainer clamp. once you get the four bolts off, unscrew the knob for the fuel petcock. this will allow you to lift the tank off the frame. depending on whether you have a california model or a regular model, you will three tubes sticking out of the rear of the tank or one respectively. I am assuming you have an empty tank at this point, so it will be farily easy to tilt the tank to the right, (with the tank resting on the frame) leaving the fuel petcock exposed. slide the clamp off the line going to the petcock and disconnect the petcock from the line going to the carb. Be prepared for fuel to spirt out of the fuel pump end of the line. i recommend having a bolt with the thickness of the fuel line, handy so that it can be stuck in the line to keep the fuel from spirting out.. At this point you should be able to have your tank totally off the bike. two bolts with washers hold the petcock to the tank carefully remove the screws and make sure yuo dont loose the washers! hooking up the other tank is the same process in reverse. good luck!

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
2 bolts in the front, 2 in the back that are holding down a bracket to keep your battery in. Just turn it off, and pull up after that and disconnect the gas line, just pulls off, or atleast thats how it did on mine...
Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.