Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The stock filer is non servicable, dont use a liquid at all on it. You can try blowing air the opposite direction of flow to clear out some of the big debris but that is about it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thanks fellas its not at the throw away stage yet, I just checked it and figured i'd give it a go while its out. blew it out with air but because the filter is oiled i'm not sure of the results...

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I heard the K&N messed with the air fuel ratio is this true? Does it make the bike run lean or rich? Can the stock chip/map whatever you wanna call it handle the k&n? I heard that people getting a pcIII just for a K&n.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
it is a proven thing that on the newer bikes 636 and the 10R included that a K&N or BMC like I ahve will do nothing for power, they mearly add the ability to clean the filter and not have to pay $28 for a stock filter every time.

They will not mess with A/F ratios as long as you dont over oil the piss out of them. The last I checked the stock filter is not oiled either, back on the 2000 to 2002 bikes they came from the factory with a foam reusable filter, but they dropped that with the 03 636.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.