Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inside the trunk I see a velcro thing and 2 straps that come out on opposite ends. Which combination of things do I use?

Drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
284 Posts
The straps are cargo tie-downs, they're not for the helmet.

For the helmet, there's a hook on either side, by each of those outer straps. You just loop one or both of the helmet's D-rings over, hang it off the side, and put the seat back on. It's a tight fit, and might take a little practice to be able to do it w/o any fuss.

Actually, you can loop a cargo strap though the D-rings, then hook the strap over the metal hook. It gives you a little more room, but is more work, and is less secure, as I recall. (The cargo strap could be snipped, leaving the helmet's chin strap intact?)

I'm not describing this very well... I'd snap a pic, but the bike is STILL covered and sitting in the rain, as it looks like it will be for a while, yet. :(

----------------------
Dave Lee
Red '02
Open Throttle Sport Riders

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I understand dav :)

Yea the little hooks right by those straps work well, but it is a tight fit. This is probobly by design to help prevent theft.

For me to get mine to fit, I need to have the helmet facing towards the back of the bike, hanging on the left side of the bike.

Works great, good theft deterent since if they want to steal the helmet they have to cut the chin strap which makes the helmet useless.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
223 Posts
If I ever get a really nice helmet(10 dollar head, 10 dollar helmet[:p]) I might get one of those barend helmet lockers that double as the barend weights. For now I just use the hook under the seat, or run my kryptonite cable through the helmet when away for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.