Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant ride toped out for more than a few minutes unless im full tuck cause the wind kills my neck so much from fighting it.is there anyway to be more areodynamic.i have a DB screen seat cowl and a cheap helmet.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Ride more often so your neck builds muscle?

·
Registered
334 Posts
topped out? Seriously?

·
Premium Member
15,930 Posts
What kind of wind are you dealing with? Do you mean the wind coming over the windshield at high speeds or cross winds?

I don't have any problems with wind over the windshield up to around 75 MPH. I start going into a tuck at speeds over 75 MPH.

Cross winds are a different story I'm OK riding in wind up to around 25 to 30 MPH after that I just get to tired of the wind. Riding in high cross winds try staying in the center of your lane and just go with the flow it's no big deal.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
don't do 160mph everywhere

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
What kind of wind are you dealing with? Do you mean the wind coming over the windshield at high speeds or cross winds?

I don't have any problems with wind over the windshield up to around 75 MPH. I start going into a tuck at speeds over 75 MPH.

Cross winds are a different story I'm OK riding in wind up to around 25 to 30 MPH after that I just get to tired of the wind. Riding in high cross winds try staying in the center of your lane and just go with the flow it's no big deal.

Hope this helps!
Are you serious, you tuck over 75??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
wax ur helmet!! ;) makes it smoother!!!
get one of those neck braces u wear on a air plain j/k

no a lighter helmet may help. but yea. u just need to get use to it. strong wind will make any neck sore over a long time. not a few minutes though

im sure givin some bj's will make ur neck stronger! ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
i cant ride toped out for more than a few minutes.
so does that mean your holding 170ish for 5 mins or so at a time? i tuck in whenever i go over 140 otherwise my neck starts to kane, i think most people are the same unless their necks are as thick as their legs. A helmet with vents over the top such as AGV's GP-TECH (or Arai RX-7 if your feeling flash) will keep your head more stable at high speeds + they will be lighter so less force pulling your head back.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Ummmm.... slow the fuck down?

I can't imagine ANY reason to ride topped out for that long...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.