Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
difficult...and risky lol

After the wheelie has been executed, the balancing point is found at the upright position (that's the difficult part).[B)] The only balancing point during a wheelie is when the bike is maintained at the upright position. A loss of this balance will either result in the nose coming down or the bike flipping on it's back (that's the risky part lol).;) When the bike is balanced like this, much speed is not necessary to maintain the wheelie. You know how you can be going really slow and still maintain balance on your bike? Well, that is all the speed you need for this stunt because your bike is still balanced...like it is when you are just traveling slow on both wheels.
A combination of throttle and rear break is used to hold this position.:)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm no expert on 12 o'clocks. But on your point of how slow he was going...I know, to slow down while in a wheelie, bring the front wheel up higher, and to speed up lower the front wheel. This may sound backwards, since you will have to give it more gas to get higher, but once your up that high there's no need to accelerate.

Hope to helps a little.

AL

If everything is under control, you're going too slow.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yesturday I saw someone doing a 12'oclock going about 5mph. He did this for at least 1/2 mile. I have my wheelies down perfectly but I really dont understand how he can be going only 5mph and have the bike straight up??? Also his bike wasn't making ANY loud exhaust noises so his rpms couldn't have been very high at all. I think you use the rear brake to help stay so slow???
TEACH ME!

With Great Power(111HP to be exact)... Comes Great Responsibility

·
Registered
999 Posts
Its all in the rear brake. Instead of using the throttle for control, you more or less hold the throttle and use the rear brake for control. Im working on 12's right now, but Im not big into scraping Im more into holding it at 12 right before the back hits. If you watch people do stunts, 12's, circle wheelies or ho handers thet all have there right foot on the rear brake.

2001 ZX-6R

http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Registered
315 Posts
that shit is crazy. ive never seen anyone do it without a "wheelie bar" on the subframe. seems like without it, you would tip over backwards or sideways. tommy, did this guy you saw have what im talking about?

·
Registered
720 Posts
If you go here there is a guy doing it. Just click on the motorcycle link. It's the one with the guy doing the wheelie.
http://www.lgracing.net/LGRacing/video_files/Videos_index.htm
You can see there right foot on the rear break like minitryker said.
But someone said that zx6r's couldn't do it because of the location of the oil pan or something. Other 600's can.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I thought ZX6Rs couldn't do 12's because of carbs. Seems when your bike is upright like that, the fuel gets drained from the carbs and sputter, sputter, sputter.... gotta get an aftermarket FI (I think SOMEONE makes them, at least) or a diffeent make (NOOOO!!!)... then again, minktrker does them on an ZX.... how, I dunno.

'01 Yellow ZX-6R

·
Registered
768 Posts
900RRs are choice for 12's and they're carbed.

However I do know that most Kawasakis run into tranmissions problems if you do long wheelies. I'm sure 12s would do the same thing.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thats a pretty kick ass trailer. They're doing some pretty crazy shit.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by spddmn

Thats a pretty kick ass trailer. They're doing some pretty crazy shit.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...
Glad you liked it! So far I only have the "Project Mayhem Las Vegas" DVD. Also pre-ordered "project mayhem X", but that will be released around the end of this month. That Vegas one I have is good, but not great. This Whackpak DVD looks sweet though.

AL

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
keep in mind that most of the riders whoa re doing slow 12's have a new rear sproket. usually much bigger then stock. i dont know how many teeth, but i know they are def bigger

·
Registered
768 Posts
Also keep in mind they're just better than us.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
999 Posts
The 01 6R I just traded in I rode 3 mile long wheelies all the time and I put 19,000 miles on with not a single problem. Between my friends and I we have quite a few 6r and never had any transmission problems. The only problem we have had is on the stunt bikes we use the frames seem to crack if you dont reenforce them. Now doing 12's and parking the bike on the 12 bar and sitting there doing a burn out like that you will shrten the life of the engine a lot faster.

2002 954RR
2000 ZX6R (stunt bike)

·
Registered
86 Posts
The 6R carbs sucks ass for 12's! Under form about 5-8 mph my bike stalls. Can't keep it up for no throttle hand either. Every time I park my bike it takes a couple minutes to start again. It soo annoying. I love the bike but this is holding me back and I might have to get something else if I can't get this fixed.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Thats weird how so 6r's work for stunts and some dont. The one Im picking up tomorrow the guy does everything on it with no problems. But I see and hear that all the time about 6r's some people have problems with them stalling and others dont. How much are you geared?

2002 954RR
2000 ZX6R (stunt bike)

·
Registered
86 Posts
What up with that? I figured it was all the CA smog crab but I pulled everything off, it helped a little bit but it's still garbage. The local kawi shop is going to tweak the carbs this weekend, hopefully that will help. I know Joe Brown doesn't have any problems with his carbs.

I'm geared 1 down 10 up right now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.