Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a breaker bar. Try using it. It's just stripping it. I know it shouldn't be that hard to take off. I use the torque wrench and it looks like 100n.m This shit is pissing me off.
Some please help.

Drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
349 Posts
Huh?!

I just use a 3/8" ratchet. She comes off easy.

It should NOT be that hard to take off. Uh uh. Ummm, maybe your overtorqued/cross threaded it the last time you put it in.

Check the threads of the bolt and the fitting when you take it out. HOPEFULLY it's not cross threaded. If it is, even a little, get a new bolt.

'00 ZX6R silver

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it used from the dealership. I did try that but the little fuck is so tight that when I try to unscrew it moves the whole bike with it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got it looose. But now something even more fucked up happened. Something in between the oil plug and pan came off. Like a washer type thing. Now the thing unscrews to a certain pont but when I keep going it somehow tightens up again. WTF!!!!!!
I don't really want to take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The washer is normal, it is supposed to be there in between the bolt and fitting.

It sounds ike your oil bolt is cross threaded. Oh oh. Complain to the dealer that you bought it used from.

You will need a new bolt, and may need a tap and die set to re-thread the fitting. :(

'00 ZX6R silver

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I showed that little shit who's boss. I'm glad it's over. A beautiful day and night of riding await me.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
the old impact-gun on the oil plug trick. you fell for the oldest trick in the book my friend. ;)

i thought this was a joke at first, breaker bar on a oil drain plug.

"Winning is not a sometime thing: it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." - Vincent Thomas Lombardi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.