Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Im just curious as to how people place their feet when riding, this is more for comfort, clearance and easy moving.

When cruising or riding normally i tend to bring my feet forward so it covers the brake and gear lever whilst keeping my heel up against the back of the peg.

When riding harder i tend to mix and match with my toes just over the front of the peg with the rest of my foot angled up towards the tail (if that makes sense). And when i need to brake or change gear just move the foot forward for the change and then back again.

It would be nice to know any tips or tricks others use.

Russ

·
Registered
342 Posts
i would like to hear others on this topic but i think they would roughly say the same, as i do exactly as what you described:D

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,695 Posts
For hard aggressive riding you should keep your toes on the pegs. That way there are no accidental brakes or shifts. As for normal slower paced riding its okay to run your feet a little more comfortable, just remember about how close your toes are to the levers. I usually keep the pegs at the front of the arch right behind the balls of my feet on slower paced riding.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Same as you. For normal riding, I have the arch of my foot on the peg. For more spirited riding, I mix and match as necessary, with the ball of my foot on the peg as often as possible.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Basically the same as you described. But, on long straits, I will lay on the tank with my right resting on the arch. My left foot is draped over the rear footpeg. Only problem with this scenario is when you hit a bump, stomach bangs into the tank and the left ankle get thrashed by the peg.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I almost always have my toes on the pegs. I must look goofey around town because I'm constantly moving my feet around to shift and brake :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
i agree with most in sayig keep ya ball of your foot on the pegs and shift them when necessary when braking and gearing!!

i had a really big fright one day as i took a round about in thongs ( I know im dickhead/dnt do it anymore ) and found myself with my thong curled under the peg and my toes pointing to the sky holding on for life!! so that has tought me the hard lesson in keeping my feet well positioned!!!

:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Same here balls of feet on pegs all the time. Also its more comfortable to me. Actually discovered this out of accident on a long trip shortly after getting the zzr. Then I read an article somewhere about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.