Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Unbolt tank
Prop up
unscrew airbox cover (disconnect sensor)
Lift cover off
Pull old filter out
put new filter in
Reverse instructions.
Buy service manual.[8D]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok ok, can somebody with the service manual help a brother out, if they can post the instructions on this site it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I haven't got the manual, but I should get it. I have access to one from another guy on this forum if I need it.

I don't know how you can get to the air filter on an '03 without REMOVING the tank scooter unless you have TINY hands and screwdrivers. You'll have to disconnect the fuel line and the EFI wiring, and remove the tank, then unscrew the cover and access the filter. Total job should take around 20 minutes or so unless you have a race crew working on it. And I absolutely agree that the service manuals pay for themselves out in NO time.

2000GSR, start by taking off your cowl and disconnecting the seat (there's a latch that locks inside the cowl compartment if you didn't know). Then remove the bolt holding the front of the tank down, and the rear pivot bolt at the rear of the tank. Now you have to disconenct the fuel line underneath the tank (small grey connector with a "pushbutton" top and bottom located on the left side of the bike under the tank - follow the fuel line routing). Might wanna keep a rag handy to catch any fuel that leaks out while you're disconnecting it. Now the EFI wiring is disconnected on the right side of the bike, a little brown clip you might have to play with a little. In case you've already disconnected your rear signal lights, it's a similar connector to the ones you'll find under your rear plastic for quick-disconnecting the signals. This will free up the tank for removal. Set it down carefully on some blankets or on your front lawn or something like that.

Now underneath the tank you'll find about 20 million (ok, more like 10) Phillips screws holding the airbox cover in place (don't forget about the deep one in the middle). Yank off the cover and voila, you've reached the filter. Should be self-explanatory from there.

Do yourself a favor though and invest in the manual. If you're willing to do the work yourself and learn more about the inner workings of your bike, it's more than worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.