Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install the PCIII USB on my bike. How do you remove the stock air box that sits on top of the throttle bodies?

Thanks...

·
Registered
479 Posts
There are two plastic plugs on both sides of the frame that must be removed. When you get them off, look inside the hole and you'll see a little chrome bolt that you need a 3mm allen to loosen up. The bolt is in there a few inches though.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
There are two plastic plugs on both sides of the frame that must be removed. When you get them off, look inside the hole and you'll see a little chrome bolt that you need a 3mm allen to loosen up. The bolt is in there a few inches though.
+1

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
How would you guys rate the difficulty of installing the PCIII USB on a scale of 1 to 10? I'm not a total newb at giving it a shot and I have the tools, but is it worth doing it yourself or having it done at the shop where they will tune it for you? Any ideas on costs if it's done at the shop?

·
Registered
43 Posts
yeah it was really east in fact I didn't even take off the airbox just the cover you can reach the injectors and the TPS right behind it!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Install PCIII

On a sacle of 1 to 10 with 10 being hardest I would say it's about a 6. Which isn't bad it is just time consuming. I actually had fun doing it. check my post I have pics of my install. Also the instuctions that come with the pcIII are dead on............ like he said the hardest part was removing the airbox. lol. make sure you get all the screws out. especially the little hidden one in the center

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I removed the center screw located at the top center of the air box. I then removed the two 3mm side screws and the air box would not come off. Did I miss something? How the hell do reach the injectors and TPS without removing the air box? LOL. Thanks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts