Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you mount and secure it? I rigged it on there with L-brackets but the plate kept bending in the wind and eventually fell off yesterday. This is a problem because I can really get nailed for not having a plate and losing it in the middle of a long ride is pretty aggravating.

I have an 89' and the previous owner/dealership cut off the black fender that reaches down off the back of the bike. So it doesn't have a factory mount for the plate nor does it have a light for it.

Any tips?

·
Registered
133 Posts
if you do a search i`m sure you`ll be able to find out how to make your own fender eliminator kit, just a few plates, drill a few holes and your on your way..

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Also if you are afraid of the fasteners you use coming undone, you can pick up a tube of Lock-tite at any hardware store. It comes in light, medium and heavy strengths. I use medium and have had no problems whatsoever.

-Flash

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
migpig, that's what it looks like I'm going to have to do; just fabricate some kind of my own mounting system. But overall, it sounds like a fun project because I'd like to integrate a custom LED illumination for it.

flash ahh: I picked some up today so I'll see how it works. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to use it on some other bolts that seem to rattle loose sometimes. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
No problem, happy to help.

I just thought of one other thing. If you have a metal mount and you put the license plate on it and you end up with any rattling noise, you can fix that by getting a few plastic or rubber washers. Just put them between the plate and mount and you are all set.

-Flash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.