Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Use a piece of cardboard behind the chain when you spray it. The cardboard acts as a "Spray Shield" so all the over spray doesn't get everywhere.

·
Registered
443 Posts
while we're on the topic, whats a good lube to use that won't fling off? i have no problems lubing, but after a ride its all over my wheel and tire.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by reintr0ducing
while we're on the topic, whats a good lube to use that won't fling off? i have no problems lubing, but after a ride its all over my wheel and tire.
Maxima chain wax. If you don't over apply it shouldn't fling off. [8D]

·
Registered
604 Posts
I use the previous days new york times, big ass news paper. stick it b/w the chain and wheel and fold it up so the lube won't leak down.

As for the type of oil, PJ1. I've never experienced fling, you just gotta make sure to wipe off the excess.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i agree with the maxima chain wax, ive used it for years and never had much sling off, besides sunday when i topped the bike out and when we stopped it had wax xlung a little... but that was 186mph

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Usually any wax lube wont fling off. Damn sometimes I get that stuff on the edge of my tires!! Its okay, I dont ride to the edge on the streets anyways.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by eklipse636
i agree with the maxima chain wax, ive used it for years and never had much sling off, besides sunday when i topped the bike out and when we stopped it had wax xlung a little... but that was 186mph

are you retarded? seriously.. do you have someone who watches over you all day to wipe your drool up? 186mph, yeah, you're retarded.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I just picked up BEL-RAY 'O' ring lube chain.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

are you retarded? seriously.. do you have someone who watches over you all day to wipe your drool up? 186mph, yeah, you're retarded.
LOL here we go again. If he says his uncle was clocking him by using his Ferarri, I'm gonna scream!!!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have been using the Motul Boron Tech and it has worked great so far. As for keeping the bike clean, just watch for overspray and use a sheild.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Originally posted by prs

LOL here we go again. If he says his uncle was clocking him by using his Ferarri, I'm gonna scream!!!!!
LMAO!!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I use the Maxima as well, been using it for years now...

and I also only get some fling when the bike is wrung out to the upper range.

What the heck does it matter how fast he goes. I ride a 10 and the top speed of the 636 is nothing compared to the 180 top speed of a 10. When I was heavy into riding on the weekends we would do it regularly on the back open highways we have here in OK. There are no twisties so the only other thing to do is go fast.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by sneakyws6
I use the Maxima as well, been using it for years now...

and I also only get some fling when the bike is wrung out to the upper range.

What the heck does it matter how fast he goes. I ride a 10 and the top speed of the 636 is nothing compared to the 180 top speed of a 10. When I was heavy into riding on the weekends we would do it regularly on the back open highways we have here in OK. There are no twisties so the only other thing to do is go fast.
Exactly.. You just said it. Your 10R doesn't even do 186mph.

Dur dah durr [Carlos Mencia]

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by rainking1978
I just picked up BEL-RAY 'O' ring lube chain.

'Tis good shit man - but it's a lot more fling-prone than the wax most others seem to use. I just do it at the end of the day - I think the can says spray it on, then wait 15 minutes and wipe off the excess. I go ahead and wipe off any more excess that may have run down the next morning before heading out, and I don't have much issue with fling. Still a little, though. I normally have to clean the rear wheel the following evening when I get home.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Who needs a Ferrari when you can have a picture of David Hasselhoff in his underwear? I mean, seriously...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.