Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm a little confused as to how the kawasaki financing system works.. I know it's not exactly like getting a loan from a bank because the interest rates and payments can fluctuate, and it seems more like a credit card.. Also, since you don't have to carry full coverage insurance, does that mean that you get the title and ownership of the bike without a lienholder and just pay it off on the card.. Kinda like you bought it on a credit card? If so, how does that work when you get ready to sell one or trade it off? For example, if you had an $8000 balance left on your bike and could only sell it for $7,000.. If you had a loan with a bank in this situation you have to come up with the extra 1k outta your pocket to pay off the lien.. Is this true with the card, or can you sell it and pay 7000 on the balance, and then pay the rest off like a regular credit card?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I called HSBC the other day wondering the same thing. They keep the title until the entire balance of the bike is paid off. After that is done, they will send the title to the person (and only the person) on the account in question. It is then up to the seller to sign the title over to the buyer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Thanks man. It's kinda confusing the way they do it. I figured it was that way so people couldn't buy a bike, sell it for cash, and then keep paying on it.. I didn't think that they would want to be a cash loan company..lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the card it is just like a credit card for one so you dont need full coverage. Second kawasaki keeps the title till you pay the balence off in full after i paid mine off i got the title. If you do the financing like i did i got a 6.9 apr for the first two years then it jumps to like 17 or so so if you dont pay it if within 2 years your fucked on your payments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.