Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on numerous forums but couldnt find anything. Everything I read about an aftermarket exhaust is more power and better sound. I am all for that, but my gas mileage is very important to me. Can anyone shed anyone shed any light on this for me?

·
Registered
439 Posts
It probably takes a little off of the MPG but you really didn't buy a sportbike to get really good gas mileage did you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put an akra slip on to my bike and I haven't noticed any gas mileage change...if there is one it is probably no more than 5 mpg. But, I will say that the benefits of having the akra far outweigh a little gas mileage loss...[:M58]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I was just worried if it would be a significant loss in gas mileage. I can live with a little loss. Thanks

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
The pipe change by itself won't have a DIRECT effect on MPG - but since the bike will be breathing better (more air), and most peeps will also put a high-flow air filter on (even MORE air), this tends to cause a lean condition. On a fuel injected engine, you re-map the program to compensate; on a carbureted engine you rejet. Either of THOSE mods WILL drop your MPG, since you'll be putting more air and more fuel through the engine. When I rejetted my 9r, I lost about 4-6 mpg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.