Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just a couple of questions for you wheelie kings. how far can you ride on the back tire in second, without using the rear brake. i can bounce up in 2nd, and ride them for about 100 yards, typically putting the wheel down about 95 mph. are you straighting your legs or bending them just a little. i'm assuming that i'm not in the balance point yet. also, can you bounce up third, i can't bounce but i can bounce/clutch them up. my bike is a 02 6r, and i weigh about 250 lbs.
oh by the way i have stock gearing.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
A couple hundred yards but I am sitting down and shifting to 3rd near the end. I've tried clutching 3rd but nothing. Haven't tried bouncing and clutching but I am sure it would work with practice. -1 in front wouldn't hurt. I tried standing in 2nd but the 2nd time I did it I looped it and I have spent over two weeks getting better. Not to mention it took a week and a half to get all the parts for my bike. Taillight, tail section, stator cover, foot peg bracket, fixing broken pipe, and straightening my frontend out.

·
Registered
999 Posts
In 2nd the longest I have went is around 2 miles. I prefer 3rd gear, and yes it will bounce up in 3rd gear with the bike being bone stock. Check out the link in my sig for a video of it. In 3rd gear I can go pretty much however far I want but after 3 miles my arms start hurting and Im getting bored.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.