1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's funny because I got to really sweating it my second time I saw the "light." I filled up and was only able to put 3.3 gallons in the tank. So I had plenty of gas left. I went 168 miles on that tank.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so if the light goes on, and you maintain lets say 70mph...
I guess you could expect mid to high 50's mpg
So at 70 mph...57 mpg..9/10th gal of gas... 90% of 57 = 51+ mpg
at 65 mph...60mpg...90% of 60 = 54 mpg
Does that seem right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The most I've ever filled up was 3.8 gallons. I got 212 outta that tank putting me at just over 55 mpg. I've never run it farther than that but always wanted to know how far I could if needed. I tend to be chicken about it and fill up at the next station when the light comes on though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My milage is not so good!

I typically get 45-50 on 87, it was actually worse on 91. My light comes on at as low as 120 if I am going downhill, 130-140 on flat ground. And I would love to get rid of that light, or just make it so only the light blinked, not the odo/clock display.

Maybe I need to spend the ducats and get my Power Commander dyno tuned for my Muzzys exhaust (which I love BTW).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Once the light comes on, I drive about 40 more miles. I figure that is a very SAFE bet that I can hit the gas station and still have 5 - 10 miles to spare. This is averaging 200 miles to the tank.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i bought an '07 about 3 weeks ago, and i've only filled up twice. my light is turning on at about 110, and it's pretty frustrating. first time, i only added up 2 gallons after the light first came on, and the 2nd time, only about 2.8 gallons after putting about 130 miles.

the light is damn annoying. i can't wait for a fuel gauge! does the 2009 have a fuel gauge to go with the sexy digital speedometer it's getting!?

·
Registered
138 Posts
i bought an '07 about 3 weeks ago, and i've only filled up twice. my light is turning on at about 110, and it's pretty frustrating. first time, i only added up 2 gallons after the light first came on, and the 2nd time, only about 2.8 gallons after putting about 130 miles.

the light is damn annoying. i can't wait for a fuel gauge! does the 2009 have a fuel gauge to go with the sexy digital speedometer it's getting!?
It sure does!!:woot::banana:

·
Registered
3 Posts
annoying fuel light

Hey Corp.

I have the same problem. I had it in the shop thinking something was wrong with it, because it kicks on at half tank. But the dealer and kawasaki say that is normal - which I think is a load of crap. There is no way or reason why a "low" fuel light should come on at a half tank when you can ride another 100 miles. Everyone else on here thinks it is a load a crap too. But, what can you do?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts