Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna be getting my exhaust and power commander soon but i don't want to pay a shop $182932430483 for installation and whatnot. how hard would it be to do myself? also what kind of tools would i need?

thanks

·
Registered
887 Posts
Power commander is easy...just follow instructions...the exhaust...if it's just a slip on, that's easy, too...if it's a full system, a little bit harder...

·
Registered
140 Posts
not hard at all man. to do a slip-on and the pcIII at the very least you would need the hex bolt keys from the tool kit to take the fairings off, and needle nose pliers to get the clips off the injection wires. its gonna take a couple of hours cause you want to take you time and be careful with all your pieces and make sure you do it right the first time.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
You should have no worries on the install of the pipe and PCIII
hardest part is getting the wire connectors apart, otherwise all straight forward and nothing to tricky..
if you need a map PM me your email i will send one over to you

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. the local shop quoted me $2200 for an arata full pipe, pc and dyno tuning... im thinking i could probably save a lot of money doing it myself.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright so im trying to think about all the things i'd have to do when it's time to install and this is what i've got:

new header gasket (11060-1203), also a new air filter?

anything else i'd have to do? your help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Don't forget the condoms, and be gentle, she's a virgin.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I did mine myself and found it to be very simple as long as you take your time, and concentrate.
Took me about 3 hours. I did have to lift the gas tank to install the pcIII. I got a DynoJet and a Micron exhaust.
Have fun...

---Anthony

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Hardest thing for me was to take the gas tank off for the pciii install. I'm a wrench noob and I did it with little difficulty. I did my slip on first then a week or so later, the pciii.

strat

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
It all depends on how mechanically capable you are... some people can do this in their sleep after drinking a keg of beer. Others should never pick up a pair of pliers. EVER. Most fall in between those two extremes.

The pipe & PC are not really that difficult, given a little bit of savvy & the right tools. Take your time, double check everything, and do it right. Be sure you torque everything to specs... not too much or too little.

Good luck & have fun. Not much feels better than the satisfaction of doing something like that yourself & enjoying the results.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,412 Posts
I agree with everyone saying it's easy. The exhaust goes on the way the old exhaust comes off, and it's all just unbolting it and pulling it off. It should be very straight forward. With the PC3, the instructions are almost TOO easy. Mine came with a little installation booklet with pictures of all of the relevant connectors, and where they're located. Once I got all the panels and the tank and airbox off to get access to everything, the actual install only took like 10 minutes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.