Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bike usually runs at about 210deg temp.

my seat gets hot as hell, and the motor seems to have alot of heat from the fairing vents.

how do i make the seat cool down, and keep the temps in the motor down?

·
Registered
439 Posts
my bike gets hot too. I believe that it is ok as long as it doesn't get up past 230/235 and starts flashing HOT. Thats when I think your bike needs a break from the heat.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I run about 170-180 on the highway and about 200-210 on stop lights or traffic. Seems normal to me. I do feel heat coming from the engine. It gets a little hot around my legs. I wouldn't want to be wearing shorts and flip flops that's for sure. Maybe that's what keeps Kawasaki owners from being squids. :D

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
mine is the same as rainking. try some engine ice in it, that should drop the temp some. and my seat has never gotten hot.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
My girl has complained about the passenger seat getting hot. She is sitting right above the exhaust though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have to agree with rainking too. In traffic my bike has gotten up to about 215 but once I get moving it drops right off to around 180 or so. Are you sitting in traffic alot?

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
My bike runs around 215 in town traffic but I also run it at higher rpms in town, yup legs get alittle toasty in town. The wife has never complained about the back seat getting hot though, I also have a carbin fiber Yoshi and I can always grab it with a bare hand after riding, so exhaust is never too hot (now the rest of the exhaust pipes...those get a tad too hot to touch;) )

·
Registered
527 Posts
The only heat I've noticed on mine lately was when I get on at lunch time...but then again its been 106-107 for the last few days...normally doesn't get that hot...

GunRunner

·
Registered
233 Posts
I ceramic coated my Yoshi RS-5 and it cuts down on the heat a lot. Never felt the heat in my seat but I do feel it on my legs coming off the engine.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have the yoshi rs-5 can, and have wraped the pipes in heat wrap.

also, I have the heat deflective tape under the rear seat for the passenger, but under my seat i think its either the seat getting hot.

in stop and go traffic my bike gets up to 214deg, once i get going it drops, on freeway my bike usually stays at about 180deg.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
never fely heat under the seat, but my ankles get a blasting every now and then!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.