Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I rode my bike today in Vegas, it was around 105 degrees.
My temp hit around 225 in traffic, is that too hot for the bike or is that expected?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
When i went home to Texas and i had to sit in traffic my bike read 240, 241, 241 then it said HOT, thats the highest ive ever seen it , but that was in the summer when you can cook an egg on the street!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I agree on the watter wetter. Kept my 99 about 10 degrees cooler. Havent put any in my 04 yet. I keep forgetting until thread like this pop up.

·
Registered
571 Posts
On a 115#730;F day mine got up to 238#730;F before I was able to break away from traffic and start moving again. Due to the insanely hot temps the catalytic converter has to reach for its operating temperature the '05's and '06's see a lot higher engine temperatures. Sounds like the Water Wetter has helped some of the guys out. I was going to switch my coolant out for Engine Ice before next summer and see if that reduces my engine temps any.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have seen "HOT" displayed on mine as well. I was on my way to the drag strip and the line to get in was moving 5mph. While cruising in line it hit 241 then 242 and instantly popped the display to "HOT" after reaching that temp so I just turned it off and walked beside it pushing it until I could get in. I doubt any serious damage will be done unless you continue to run your bike at that temperature though. At least I hope so :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.