1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

toggle switch ziptied to my brake resivoir

self tappin screws through lower section of left fairing

i had to trim the padding to let the neon sit flush to the fairing

its just a basic neon light that u can buy from autozone.....i dont intend on riding through rain so it outta hold up. i havnt had any problems with the neon melting as it sits a decent distance from the header.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah ive had a few replies wanting to know how it was done.. ..and i finally got around to it....heh and dont flame on the pillow...its the gf's [:p]

·
Registered
266 Posts
i had my bike done & so did my friend, we each had 3 neon lights two on the side fairing and the other one on the back. after my boy had it for two months it has become a big problem starting his bike, i guess the neon lights have worn the batterie or that other shit that has to do with the electric part of the bike ( dont know what its called) i took mine off so i wont have the same problem( ours where the little small neons )

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeah I put 3 green neons on my bike as well. 3 Street glow ones from autozone. Wired them direct to my fuse block, tapped the tail lamp fuse. Dope6SX on aol I'll send ya some pics.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Oh and sorry, but I wired them all to my hazard switch. The guy that inspects my bike never checks them. They dont work with the tail light integrator anyway so, its clean and legal(sometimes;))

·
Registered
119 Posts
dirty98zx6r...how did u wire ur light...
I really want to do it, but if it drains my battery...I dont know...my battery is already pretty bad cus I had to jump it once already![B)] Just need somemore info on the wiring part and if it REALLY drains the battery....thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mistake...... as far as draining the battery i dont know just yet...ive only had the neon on my bike for a month or so and hardly use it really. i turn it on mainly to stand out while riding through the mall at night and the occasional freeway run.

·
Registered
321 Posts
No, it hasent drained my battery at all. Before I wired them to a switch, they were on whenever the key was turned on(hence the tail lamp fuse) and I never so much as had a problem with starting, dimming, recharging, nothing of the sort. Just do it neat and clean and you'll be all set. Hardest thing is hiding the stupid transformers, they're the size of a jumbo pack of gum and there is one for each light. They're illegal to ride with but, when the radar detector goes off, so do my neons. Just dont tap the headlight power whip for power and ground or else you may end up with a alternatly blinking light, that happened to my front before I wired them all to a dist block. Well, back to polishing....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hrmmmmmn my neon has no external transformer....its built into the neon. as far as the pillow goes.... she saw my post BUSTED!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have two Green neons, and they don't drain the battery. Just don't leave them on when the bike is off, and you should be fine. Mine are directly wired to the battery, and directed to a switch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also wondering, what neons would look on the yellow 02?? The Green neons looked PIMPPPPPPP on the 98 Green, not to sure about the yellow..Suggestions?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got a buddy with a yellow gixxer 750, hes got yellow, blue, pink and red neons on his bike. wish i had a pic to post of it but i think it looks pretty PHAT! ive also seen a bike out here with black lights everywhere and he painted his rims a flourecant(however u spell it) green and they just stand out at night under the black lights.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Damn thats alot of color lol...Pink? someone suggested purple neons and that they would go good with the color yellow[?] still thinking about it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.